About the game

• 14 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
About the game
« on: May 30, 2013, 23:44:00 »
This game doesn't have a name yet. I will develop it with my friends at Knapnok Games, and it'll be quite different from both what me and Knapnok are used to. I'll be the lead designer in a small team. I've not worked full time with professionals this way before, so I'm a little bit scared but very excited. It's an experience I really want to have, and it's a great thing that I'm doing it with people I know well and respect. We got funding from DFI, so that's awesome.

Unfortunately for you who long for a desktop version, the game will be for the Wii U. It's mechanics are built around an idea I have that will be fantastic on the Wii U specifically due to the the controller having thumbsticks, a touchscreen, and a separate TV screen. The game takes advantage of all these components fully, and needs them all to make sense. Making it run on another device and make and be remotely as intuitive will be hard. On the other hand, maybe we'll be able to solve that somehow and make a desktop version as well - but no promises such a version will be made.

I won't be revealing that much about what the game is at this point, screen shots and more information will probably appear quite a bit later.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 17:54:47 by Nifflas »

Re: About the game
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 01:10:15 »
Sonic's next 3 games will be on Nintendo consoles and now this. I guess I'll have to buy a Wii U in the end.

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 15:49:32 »
ooh, I've been planning to get a wii U for some time now, so now I'm definitely getting one.
It will be intresting to see what you can do with all those mechanincs.
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 23:45:06 »
I'm excited and very worried at the same time. Not worried about this game being awesome(which I'm sure it will be) but worried that I'll not get to play this as I probably won't ever have the money for a Wii U. Good luck on this project!
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 06:59:07 »
I own a Wii U, but there are basically no great console-specific games for it at the moment... just potentially great games in the works. I am pleasantly surprised to see Nifflas working on a game for this console! :)

Has it been decided what format this game is going to be sold in? For instance, a $50-$60 game on a disc, or a download on the virtual shop? Or has that been decided yet? (Or is it still a secret? :P)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 10:47:41 »
I'd like to tell you, but I need to consult with Knapnok before releasing any details since we're doing this together.

Offline D Fast

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 21:04:19 »
If you need additional music... :)

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 09:00:03 »
I'd volunteer as well, but I'm not quite so confident in my abilities, yet.  :P2

Anyway, this is fantastic to hear!  The Wii U is definitely in need of stand-out titles.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 04:31:17 »
I didn't see the trailer of your game on E3   :crazy:

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 10:44:35 »
Maybe on another E3 :) We're in the beginning phase. However, Spin the Bottle was at E3, the developers of that are the people I'll be working with.

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 22:34:42 »
A Nifflas game at E3 that will be actually released on the platform its shown on? That would be nice, and I wish you best of luck on this game. Can't wait to see what type of game it is and how it turns out.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 01:40:40 »
please make it also for pc!

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 22:56:46 »
Making it run on another device and make and be remotely as intuitive will be hard.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 23:12:28 »
please make it also for pc!

Nifllas already mentioned this, but I'll do it again. It won't be made available for the pc, simply because the concept doesn't work for the pc. Nifflas has this idea that specifically works on a WiiU. Basically, the controls for the WiiU are so specific, its just not possible for to do on any other system.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 07:12:32 »
Unless you need the motion controls, it sounds like this could also be possible on the 3DS.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.