Infinity Hype Questions

• 17 Replies
Infinity Hype Questions
« on: May 02, 2013, 00:38:05 »
 :turtle: :juni: :sheep:
Does anyone here (including Nifflas) know if the Infinity Hype Update will be on PS as well as PC/Mac?
Misha

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Infinity Hype Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 14:49:53 »
Sorry, it'll only be for desktop, but remember that if you have the game on PS3/Vita, you can get a free desktop copy.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 16:34:31 »
I don't want to have to complete the PC version all the way through to get to the rooms of the update, (even though the game is good, it took me sixty hours to complete the map), will i have to beat the whole regualr before getting to update rooms?
Misha

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 01:34:26 »
Not at all :)

You can go directly to the area with the extra content.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:47:27 »
awesome! Thanks!
Misha

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 16:59:35 »
Any idea when or what month/year you would release the dlc/update?
Misha

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 23:17:40 »
Any idea when or what month/year you would release the dlc/update?

the end of this month...

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 01:05:17 »
oh. I didn't see where it said that anywhere, but thanks. good to know. (No sarcasm intended)
Misha

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 16:33:34 »
also sent you a PM about getting windows/linux/mac copy wiht my PSN name and still haven't gotten a reply. just sayin.
Misha

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 17:16:05 »
also sent you a PM about getting windows/linux/mac copy wiht my PSN name and still haven't gotten a reply. just sayin.
Its just over a day since you sent your PM to Nifflas. He's a very busy man, but he does read all his PM's. Give him a chance to get back to you, cus he will. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 19:58:48 »
ok, sorry Nicklas. X-P
Misha

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 20:00:13 »
can't wait for infinity hype, making me want more adventure haha
Misha

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 02:16:24 »
Sorry, it'll only be for desktop, but remember that if you have the game on PS3/Vita, you can get a free desktop copy.

Hi,
Any chances this update will be out for PS3/Vita anytime? Or is it just that the PSN version is not going to receive this update?

Also, if any more updates are to be released, will the PSN version receive them, or is it that all the updates are only eligible to the desktop version? If so, why?

Zixinus

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 17:48:18 »
I know it is late, but:

- Are there any humans left on Earth? Can any spires meet them? Do the humans even speak the same language? Are there new kinds of humans after a 1000 years?

- How does the cave provide an ecosystem? I mean, plants need sunlight to process the stuff they eat into plant matter. Is it heat? I have read that thermosynthesis (using heat instead of sunlight) is real thing. Is the cave unique somehow, and is thus able to feed so many sentient creatures, or maybe that is the The Machine's function, to provide heat and energy into the cavern's ecosystem so it may live?

- Does that tail that realized that human "glyphs" are actually letters for sounds ever gain traction among the Internets? Or does the naiveness and own echo-chamber effect (the Internets believed them to be glyphs for so long that they refuse to consider it otherwise) prevent the idea from ever gaining ground?

- This is a more minor question, but DO the spires and fairies and whatnot have a writing system? I mean, there are names on memorials and graves and stuff. Maybe those are based on glyphs and thus the Internet's conviction that humans used glyphs?

- Is the underground system somehow closed-off or can it connect to other, different cave systems? With new people, believing different things?

- How come there are still so many robots around the cave system? Can't the native inhabitants get rid of them? I know that there was that one person who tried to capture a robot for the Internets to study, but I am talking about organized efforts and stuff like crushing them under big rocks or something. Plus, surely, some would recognize that the "banned" weapons would be best used against them, these robots that attack everyone and anyone?

- What DID happen during the Great War or whatever? There is argument whether humans done it or not, but neither has considered a third option: it was humans vs something else. Aliens? Or even against their new "cousins" of spires, tails and fairies? Or even a new species that gone extinct during the war?

- The ball woke up somehow in the lab. Is there a reason for that? Is it the ball from WaDF or is it a different ball altogether?

- What will be of Mi and her ball-shape biology thing? Won't it cause side-effects down the rode? What WAS that tube thing and how did it survive and be active for over a thousand years?

Oh, and as for radiation, there are few real things she could do:

1. Wear a gasmask. A relatively less-known danger of radioisotopes isn't just being near them (and being near them for an extend time), but swallowing them or breathing them in. It is far from a complete protection, however and does not prevent radioisotopes getting in other ways.

2. She has to fulfill biological functions, so special, sealed equipment for that would be needed. Most of all, she'd need some kind of shelter where she can sleep, eat/drink and yes, have a toilet. For something compact that she could carry on her person, the best I can imagine is some kind of futuristic, military NBC (Nuclear, biological, chemical) tent that has its own decontamination chamber, toiletry thingy and air-filter.

3. A hazmat suit. This is likely to be unnecessary for the surface, but let me detail it anyway. These hermetically-sealed suits incorporate a complete suit and gasmask like above, but also has metal lining to decrease incoming electromagnetic (ultraviolet, x-ray, gamma or even cosmic) radiation (IF it is a specialized radiation-hazard suit, other suits most likely would not have this). Current physics say that only dense material, like tungsten or lead can do this job. However, since this is fiction, you could make up special, powered suits that make some kind of forcefield around the wearer that would protect her from such radiation.

But in reality, after a 1000 years, only the first option would be PERHAPS necessary and even that only to be on the safe side. More likely, she'll need good desert-clothing, something to protect her from sunburn, keep her as cool as clothing would allow and keep herself dust-free.

The thing is, under a 1000 years, most radiation by-products would have degraded into either stable (non-radioactive) elements or into ones that have massive, million-year (or even more) half-lifes and thus produce only negligible amount of radiation. The second kind of element is much more common than people assume, and would be almost surely be present in any cave system (just living in concrete or rock house gives you extremely slight doses).

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 15:05:30 »
I'm almost done with the upgrade now, so I'll answer your questions here instead.

- Are there any humans left on Earth?
That's very unlikely. Two humans briefly visited the underwater lab not that long before Knytt Underground takes place. They activated some machines.

How does the cave provide an ecosystem?
One blubleblu at one point in the game explains that they were the ones who taught sprites how to create light and grow stuff underground. I never elaborated on how it actually works, but maybe in another game :)

Does that tail that realized that human "glyphs" are actually letters for sounds ever gain traction among the Internets? Or does the naiveness and own echo-chamber effect (the Internets believed them to be glyphs for so long that they refuse to consider it otherwise) prevent the idea from ever gaining ground?
We won't find out in Knytt Underground, but it's likely that Sprites may learn more about the world later.

- This is a more minor question, but DO the spires and fairies and whatnot have a writing system? I mean, there are names on memorials and graves and stuff. Maybe those are based on glyphs and thus the Internet's conviction that humans used glyphs?
That's indeed how I was thinking :) Their writing system will probably gradually change so the images looks less like what they represent, so when they stop thinking that the letters needs to look like what they represent, they'll be more likely to understand the language.

- Is the underground system somehow closed-off or can it connect to other, different cave systems? With new people, believing different things?
There are definitely plenty of other cave systems. Maybe paths to new ones will open up in the future, and maybe one day I'll create a game about that :)

- How come there are still so many robots around the cave system? Can't the native inhabitants get rid of them? I know that there was that one person who tried to capture a robot for the Internets to study, but I am talking about organized efforts and stuff like crushing them under big rocks or something. Plus, surely, some would recognize that the "banned" weapons would be best used against them, these robots that attack everyone and anyone?
It's very rare that people are willing to take that risk. When it comes to weapons, sprites are way too afraid of them. Because they are so unsure how they work, a weapons could easily kill its wielder, like the incident with the metal pineapples.

- What DID happen during the Great War or whatever? There is argument whether humans done it or not, but neither has considered a third option: it was humans vs something else. Aliens? Or even against their new "cousins" of spires, tails and fairies? Or even a new species that gone extinct during the war?
Within a Deep Forest, Saira, and even An Underwater Adventure in Knytt Stories digs a little bit into this too. Opinions sure differ though :)

- The ball woke up somehow in the lab. Is there a reason for that? Is it the ball from WaDF or is it a different ball altogether?
It's the same one. How it got stuck in time after disabling the bomb is still a mystery. Maybe I'll bridge that gap someday :)

- What will be of Mi and her ball-shape biology thing? Won't it cause side-effects down the rode? What WAS that tube thing and how did it survive and be active for over a thousand years?
All that is a mystery right now :)

The thing is, under a 1000 years, most radiation by-products would have degraded into either stable (non-radioactive) elements or into ones that have massive, million-year (or even more) half-lifes and thus produce only negligible amount of radiation. The second kind of element is much more common than people assume, and would be almost surely be present in any cave system (just living in concrete or rock house gives you extremely slight doses).
Radiation works a bit differently in the Knytt universe :) It strictly degrades at the speed of the plot.