Save file location?

• 4 Replies

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
Save file location?
« on: March 25, 2013, 18:19:48 »
I bought a new laptop this weekend, and need  to transfer my saves. Where are they in Windows and OS X?
Thanks
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Save file location?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 14:25:07 »
Luckily, savegames are compatible between win/mac/linux

In Windows, they're located in the user account's roaming application data folder. This is different depending on which windows version you have, but it's easy to google for. On OS X, it's stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Nifflas/Knytt Underground/

However, the version of Knytt Underground on the OS X appstore is sandboxed and moves saves from ~/Library/Application Support to its sandbox. When The Infinity Hype Update is out, the game will always be sandboxed by default. The path to the sandboxed save location is ~/Library/Containers/com.Ripstone.KnyttUnderground/Data/Library/Application Support/Nifflas/Knytt Underground

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 17:16:21 »
This is different depending on which windows version you have,
Actually, not so much. Open a "my computer" window, and in the adressbar type %Appdata% then press enter, and you'll be taken there.

In windows Vista and 7, you'll have a folder Roaming, in Windows XP you can skip that folder.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 18:00:47 »
Of course the environmental variable is the same. I meant the path is different X) Either way, I forgot typing in the environmental variable in the run window actually works.

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 23:30:15 »
Got my saves moved over, yay!
Now to keep looking for secrets....
Thanks for the stars, everyone!