[Challenge][Normal] The Great Race

• 75 Replies

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge][Normal] The Great Race
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2010, 16:20:41 »
I'm highly enjoying this level this far, however I'm stuck..
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2010, 16:26:18 »

Ergh, I remember that place. I enjoyed the level very much, but that place... that place...  :O :ohnoes: :shocked: :whoa:

Sorry, I can't really remember how to get past it; I'm pretty sure it's "just" a very difficult jump and not a lack-of-powerup problem :/

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2010, 16:34:40 »
I was afraid so... Thank you :)

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2010, 01:44:55 »
I had alot of trouble on that jump the first time I played it aswell. I was surprised when I managed to do it so easily after my skills had developed and I played it the second time.
Lurk more.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2010, 19:33:16 »
Just played through this and really enjoyed it. It tested my skills well and the only place I really got frustrated was the room with two red bouncers and two grey spiky-helicopter-homing-in-things.

But the environments were pretty :P and very well put together. It's amazing how you got it all to look so good!
And the computer speech was awesome. That must have taken ages to put together!

*Applauds quietly*

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2010, 02:37:50 »
Ah, thanks guys! It's always nice to check back, for fun, and see that a few more people liked it. :)

Yes, that part's a bit tricky at first. You have to...

I hope that helps. ;)

And the computer speech was awesome. That must have taken ages to put together!

Thanks, it was very fun to make! I actually did that part all in one night as the idea came to me, but I was up 'til four in the morning lol. I was pretty tired at school the next day, but I think it was worth it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:58:20 by B-Man »

Offline Firewall

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2010, 13:39:33 »
The End made me smile.  :)
JCN's computer screen was totaly pwn.  :nuts:
By the whole thing........was....just.......unexplanable.......
I hope you make more of these in the future!  ;)
_  _   Stars Earned: :hiddenstar:
O O

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 00:06:04 »
Damn game.. I win the race and the game takes me back to lose it <_<

;)

I loved this level! It's definately one of my favorites C)p The ending was absolutely awesome, especially the computer! That must have taken ages 0.0

Oh, and I'm an idiot for not making that jump.. I wasn't holding down the s-button (forgot the controls after taking a break) :P

I would love to see more from you in the future!

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 21:54:31 »
I remember this level it was truly epic :)! In one of the earlier versions, though, I remember a very original challenge on the way to the "bad" ending with those red things that follow you at high speed, which was taken away to give a more "sad" feeling i suppose (what with it being so easy). Pity. Also at the start if you jump over the powerups and then down the hole, you are stuck forever >(.

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2010, 03:57:00 »
To Firewall and bulbapuck: Awesome, thanks for taking the time to enjoy the ol' level!

As for future levels, I'm not actively working on anything of my own at the moment- too busy with school. I might restart Apocalyptic City, the environmental level I started, during summer vacation. No promises though.

I am occasionally producing tilesets for Boot Stamping on a Knytt Face Forever by JCGrim. Go check it out on the forums if you want, it's coming along slowly but surely.

I remember this level it was truly epic :)! In one of the earlier versions, though, I remember a very original challenge on the way to the "bad" ending with those red things that follow you at high speed, which was taken away to give a more "sad" feeling i suppose (what with it being so easy). Pity. Also at the start if you jump over the powerups and then down the hole, you are stuck forever >(.

Actually, if you want to play that bit, I made it into its own separate level called Monocromatica Grotta (The White Cave in Italian). You can find the thread here for the download.

As for that bug thing- LOL. I didn't know about that one. I assumed that players would automatically take the power-ups, not actively avoid them! Thankfully, that part's at the beginning of the level, so it isn't too big of a deal to just restart if it happens- they'll know what they did wrong.

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2010, 11:16:53 »

Offline grimwit

• I'm imagining a non-hypethetical world.
    • View Profile
    • Natch Evil Comic
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 22:42:12 »
 :D  Just finished the level.  Loved it.

Loved.

It.

Every bit of it was smart and the story alone gave me a feeling that I should be moving as fast as I can.
^_^  Makes me wanna make a race level of my own!
Forever working on a Level called Sarah.

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2010, 11:19:56 »
This is easily one of my favourite KS levels, ever.

Great environments, great challenges that were tricky enough to test the skills of the player but not too hard to be frustrating, great story with the JCN (those shifts must have taken FOREVER X_X) and just all-round brilliant.

I salute you, B-Man!

Offline ElMirador

• TuT
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2010, 09:58:43 »
This is a fantastic level map.
It's worth to play it for times. XD
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAACBwgAAgYEAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]WaDF is the one of the best plaformer games I've ever played XD

Offline Rotfly

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2010, 10:42:38 »
The best level I've played EVER! Everything is just perfect. It is long enough, has two endings, not even a single bug. Great storyline and some brilliant ideas about the places. I was a little surprised when I noticed that some part of this level is exactly the same like in    Monocromatica Grotta. I was also amazed with the amount of work You put in that part where... How do I do that spoiler thing? Sorry, I'm still quite new to the forum... Anyway, thank You very much for all the fun I had with this level and I hope for more levels like this one.