Knytt Underground is out!

• 63 Replies

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
Re: Knytt Underground is out!
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2013, 06:17:58 »
So I'm a little curious. It's been about a month now, right? I've been wondering ...

How well has KU done? Better than expected? Worse?
Have many copies sold? Which version is most popular?
Has it gotten the expected amount of media coverage (or more/less)?

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2013, 17:01:20 »
Just bought it this past weekend and have been LOVING it! I also think its the best game yet, a nice blend of Saira (which got me hooked on Nifflas' games) and Knytt Stories (which I discovered after Saira. 1gb of User Knytt Stories later, I still absolutely adore it.)

I love the story, the narrative, the visuals, the art style. I especially like your taste for using close-ups of Small Objects like plants and flowers and leaves as beautiful, realistic backdrops that make the player feel like a tiny ant in a much larger world.

I haven't beaten it yet, I only just started Chapter 3, so I will let you know more once I finish it. My one hope right now is that, once the editor is released, that there are as many different variations in user content as Knytt Stories has.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2013, 17:26:00 »
My one hope right now is that, once the editor is released, that there are as many different variations in user content as Knytt Stories has.

The editor has already been released. Well, it's the one Nifflas used, which might not be for everyone, but if you want to get your hands dirty...
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2013, 04:25:04 »
I originally found out about this amazing game through one of my favorite LPers, DeceasedCrab. I was originally going to wait till it was green-lit on Steam to purchase it, but after playing the demo 3 times, I broke down and bought it. Now I anxiously await for that email so I can download and play it more... :D

And even if I have to buy it again to have it on my Steam account, I wouldn't mind at all, it's totally worth it! <3