Stubborn secret area?

• 5 Replies
Stubborn secret area?
« on: March 10, 2013, 16:53:27 »
It feels odd to have my first post on this form be one about asking for help, but oh well.... :oops:

I got the PSN version of this game and I'm really getting into the Vita version, you can probably that Deceased Crab for that.

The thing is, I think I've been doing pretty great so far, I'm slowly mapping the whole game and until now I never needed help to find a secret area.

The area I'm trying to get to is 43,9 and I'm positive I can access it from 42,9 and yet... even though I can practically see the entrance it's actually a wall. It's probable that the red powerup in the area is a clue to get into there, but I have no idea how...

I even looked at a map and everything indicated it should be there. Here's the map with the area I'm trying to reach.

Re: Stubborn secret area?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 18:09:28 »
Not everything is immediately accessible from the start. A couple of secret passages are locked until you complete certain events.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Unless you've covered the entire map already, don't worry about it yet.

Sorry I didn't explain that earlier.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 18:24:13 »
Oh, that would explain a lot, I do remember the landscape changing after a quake in a previous chapter.

I'm far from filling the map, I'm about 25% done, but it's filling up nicely. Thanks, I guess I'll try again later.

I never expected it would be you the one to reply, that is kinda awesome!

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 19:24:28 »
I recorded again today, and went by that very same area. I can confirm that at the point we're at in the game, it's not open yet.

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 23:40:05 »
(off-topic & proud)

DAMN you two make me wanna play this game so much...

by the looks of things it may be the very first game I don't 100% without help!

getting impatient waiting for steam's greenlight, might just buy it now...

...OR watch the odd DC let's play to satisfy my urges (at the cost of spoiling the game lol)

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 13:02:22 »
Well, I just my first quake which opened another secret area. I think I have 50% of the map, I haven't found any of the really secret stuff, but it's a start.