KS mod, ACO

• 70 Replies
Re: KS mod, ACO
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2010, 07:48:27 »
 Regardless whatever you consider to be unfinished or lacking about this, and what problems you've come across, the simple, down-to-earth functionality you've added for custom objects definitely makes it the supreme giant of KS mods.

One issue: is that Looki's editor REALLY outclasses everyone else's for actually slapping the levels together and checking room code, and for the complexity of what I'm doing I'd love to be able to use it on YOUR mod. But when I try to test the game with Looki's editor on your Mod I can't get it to run a test game. Since Looki's works with everyone else's stuff I'd figure it was something on your mod's end that is proprietary.

Ultimately it's no big, I think I can do just fine alternating between the two.

Here, have a picture
http://jerkdouglas.deviantart.com
 Hit the gallery and you'll find the concept directory for my game.

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2010, 08:16:41 »
Here, have a picture
Aww, cute. C)

One issue: is that Looki's editor REALLY outclasses everyone else's for actually slapping the levels together and checking room code, and for the complexity of what I'm doing I'd love to be able to use it on YOUR mod. But when I try to test the game with Looki's editor on your Mod I can't get it to run a test game. Since Looki's works with everyone else's stuff I'd figure it was something on your mod's end that is proprietary.
That is rather odd. More likely than not it's because my mod requires.. well.. something more than what Looki's editor is giving it. Can you still run the level normally, as you would play any other KS level (i.e. open up KS ACO, browse for the level, and play it)? What do you mean "can't get it to run a test game?" Does the level editor simply not run my knytt stories, or does it crash upon opening, or what?

I would love to look into this further, but.. um.. yeah.
Lurk more.

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2010, 08:34:19 »
Thanks for rapid response, lol.

When I have Looki's editor in your ACO folder (regardless of what Looki's editor is named) And I'm editing any level subordinate to your mod, (a new level, or your test level or my level) I will try to go to test the game, and the little Juni icon appears over the cursor.

Regularly you click somewhere and that's where you appear in a test game. But when I click to start the test game with Looki's editor nothing happens. I can save, edit, and move start positions, and do everything with Looki's editor that I would normally do, but I can't run a test game.

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2010, 08:35:32 »
And yes, I can totally get ACO to run the level by itself. The only issue here is that Looki's editor can't run test games.

Edit: Since KSA and regular Knytt stories both work with Looki's editor, I figured it was something extra your mod possessed that theirs didn't that might have fudged things up.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:37:27 by JerkDouglas »

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2010, 03:20:58 »
Rule 1:
Did you name KSACO to "Knytt Stories.exe"? that's the one that gets everybody. Looki's mod (as well as the default editor) looks for the default KS executable. there is also another way of fixing this issue, by editing some complicated config file for the editor, but re-naming the executable is faster and has a 100% success rate (as far as i can tell).
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2010, 07:01:52 »
Isn't it just
[Looki]
Executable=KSACO.exe

or something?
Lurk more.

Offline Denis

• I am the law only for my kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2012, 13:10:51 »
Respected Purple Pineaple, I've got a problem. None of the links are valid for me.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 17:33:38 by Denis »
Son of prometheus

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2012, 01:08:14 »
Unfortunately, I don't frequent the forum anymore. (Maybe once every 20 months compared to my previous 20 times a month). I love Nifflas; I love his games. Unfortunately, I have lost my interest in his community. As such, many of my old projects (like this and Nano Pack XH) have long since disappeared from my hard drive, to be lost in the disk backups of old computers. I could retrieve them, but without a website on which to host them, any re-uploads would shortly disappear due to the nature of file sharing services.

I am open to suggestions, but for now I won't do anything apart from removing the links.
Lurk more.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2012, 09:56:45 »
Here's the version I have, I think it's the last one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44735333/ks/Knytt%20Stories%20ACO.rar

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2012, 04:34:45 »
LPChip has graciously offered to host the file for me, so for a presumably long time now the links should stay functional. I have added the new link to the first post.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:19 »
Aye :) Enjoy.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex