How big is your KS directory?

• 25 Replies

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
Re: How big is your KS directory?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 14:06:28 »
I only have 50 levels. C)

I should probably grab that epic level dump at some point.

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 21:34:09 »
840mb. And my Nifflas folder is 1gb.
Darn you, level dump!
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

Offline willxinc

• Will 'XCS'
    • View Profile
    • Self Hosted Site (On Rarely)
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 23:43:38 »
1.66GB subtract 763MB (duplicates due to having the same worlds in both a regular folder as well as a KS+ folder).

So ~900mb of levels.  Of which I've played through almost all of them (still getting around to Dark Sky 2, The Tree of Life, and The World is Changing).

Another 200mb can be found on one of my usb's on which I do all of my level editing.

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 22:14:01 »
Another 200mb can be found on one of my usb's on which I do all of my level editing.
Editing on a USB? Always been painfully slow in my experience.
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

Offline willxinc

• Will 'XCS'
    • View Profile
    • Self Hosted Site (On Rarely)
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 23:44:31 »
Once you get the stuff copied over, the changes to the files are small so a usb actually works better. (With it being flash and all vs a disk)

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 20:54:14 »
Maybe this will help someone who wants their KS directory less cluttered.

I only have 4 levels in my directory right now. I do keep almost all levels I download though. This is done by have the categories "Categorized" and "Pending". Categorized contains levels I have played (or tried to play), and also contains sub-folders for meh levels and awesome levels. Awesome levels get to be both in main "Categorized" folder and in the awesome sub-folder.

The folder "Pending" contained most levels I downloaded but haven't played yet, but I discontinued using it because I didn't want to have such a  big backlog of levels. I'm keeping it for now in case my internet connection goes down and I want levels to play.

The total file size for levels I have played or tried to play is around 880 Megabytes.

Screenshot edited with Paint to hide name.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 00:20:57 »
4.42GB :D
3.95GB 2.95GB of Worlds (with a few duplicated there), the rest is mostly levels I happened to download, but haven't installed. I have 16 pages of levels because I was lazy and haven't moved them into appropriate folder (great/good/done/bad).

Only one of them is really bugless and worth playing, but it contains copyrigt songs (Listen to my heart and Czech and German version of Maya the bee). I wish I can re-upload it.
You should! What's stopping you?

I'll probably upgrade my main KS folder to KS+ once the latter's definitely finished but I'll still not combine them. Scratch that; it's been a while since I played a lot of KS so I forgot about the main reason it's staying so fragmented. My AV software freaks out at KS+, KSEx and ACO; I haven't been able to succesfully whitelist them because it's stdrt.exe that it has an issue with :/
Here's unpacked one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44735333/ks/KSExForBadAV.rar
Extract it into KS Ex folder, add all files into AV exceptions and run Knytt Stories\KSExForBadAV\RunKSEx.bat.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:40:31 by GrayFace »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 00:25:06 »
Here's unpacked one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44735333/ks/KSExForBadAV.rar
Extract it into KS Ex folder, add all files into AV exceptions and run Knytt Stories\KSExForBadAV\RunKSEx.bat.

Thankyou, that works perfectly! :)

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 02:55:21 »
400mb, I used to have more but I deleted a lot of levels I didn't think I would play again.
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline zhynna

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 08:58:36 »
1,5 GB (about 150 downloaded levels).

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 04:34:32 »
3.95GB of Worlds (with a few duplicated there)
Oops, that's actually 2.94 GB. Perhaps duplicates aren't that few as well. The folders with finished levels weigh only 2 GB. The rest 1 GB has a fair share of duplicates.
1.11 GB of everything that's not levels, mostly KS Ex versions.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:41:09 by GrayFace »