Big update coming soon!

• 27 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Big update coming soon!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 15:00:58 »
I'll put it up on the website at the same time as I start tweeting about it so there's a bigger description of what's going on and how it works. All help retweeting is appreciated, and of course asking questions! It should also be possible to ask Mi, Juni, or Nicklas (it's a-me) questions, so it'd be nice with another name than "ask the fairies" but as catchy.

Anyone got a suggestion for what the event should be called?

Oh, and in addition, the big update needs a name too. I'm putting time into making this update really good, so I want to make a trailer for the update and give it a name so that people can actually tell each other easily. It's more likely that people will be like "Hey, have you checked out the Knytt Underground Sprünkeldünkel Update?" than "You should get version 1.2, it's really good!" - so what do you think it should be called?

Finally, I'm still completely open to adding custom rooms and challenges that you've made in the editor to the game, the deadline for this is the end of February.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 15:07:32 »
Oh about the update... Will you have a chance to actually put me in the music credits this time? X)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 15:19:57 »
Yeah (sorry about my mistake)! I've already added you, so you'll definitely be in it.

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 16:49:37 »
"Want to ask the fairies in Knytt Underground a question? Twitter it with #KU_askthefaries and it might end up in the game!"

alternatively...

"The fairies in Knytt Underground are hosting their very-own Q&A session! Ask away with #KU_fairiechat and it may be included in the game ;]"

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 03:09:22 »
I had to expand the map a bit to support more rooms. It seems that the total size of the world after the update will be 2160 rooms, 'cause I want to fill all the blanks :D

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 03:19:23 »
Wow.  Looking at the editor you've provided, I really have no clue how to operate it. :P

Assuming it isn't too much of a hassle, I'd appreciate it if I could be given an instruction manual of some kind for this thing.  If I can figure out how to work the editor, I would be delighted to help contribute to the update.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 03:28:19 »
I forgot that it needs to sit in a folder called Editor within the games folder. If it's in a protected path such as the Program Files folder, it needs admin rights too.

I'll try to get an update to the editor up tomorrow night which doesn't require the F12 hack (we got that fixed) and some other fixes.

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 06:43:53 »
Heh, this always happens to me.  I check the forums every day in case anything exciting happens (like a level editor being posted) and then finally I forget to check for a few days, and when I check again, I realize a level editor was posted five days ago!  Heh.  I'm probably too stupid to figure out how to use it though, so probably not a big deal.  But still.  If I can figure out simply how to create a new level and create rooms with tiles and objects, so I can start building rooms for a level, that alone is plenty exciting!  Now, to try to figure out how to do those things....

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 09:24:33 »
"Dear Dr Mi. Would you eat the mushroom?" X-P
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 03:19:40 »
"Dear Dr Mi. Would you eat the mushroom?" X-P

With comments from Cillia and Dora. That would be trippy  :crazy:
(Hint: Cillia could become like Dora, and Dora could become like Cillia)

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 01:11:21 »
Hey Nifflas, could I take a look at the editor source? Pretty please? No promises, but I would love to try and improve the interface.

EDIT: whoops, didn't even bother opening the zip before I posted that.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:13:18 by Saml »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 06:13:07 »
I'll try to get an update to the editor up tomorrow night which doesn't require the F12 hack (we got that fixed) and some other fixes.

Any news on this? I've been holding out.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 12:12:24 »
Yeah, sorry! Should have done this already, just a tricky week. It's not actually a lot of work.