[Puzzle/Miscellaneous] [Large] הגדיר

• 33 Replies

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
[Puzzle/Miscellaneous] [Large] הגדיר
« on: February 09, 2013, 19:46:59 »
No it's not actually called that, I'm just not going to say yet (or am I).
This is something really old that I barely started and left to die, then revived last July because I thought it was actually a good idea. It's basically an expansion of the puzzle game from Too Much Soda, except far less unfair (hopefully) and otherwise more interesting, with its own completely incomprehensible story. Also, though, it's bigger.
Right now I'm on screen 2897 4742, though my progress is roughly only 229/300 310/310. On that note, as with my other levels, it'll "seem" like less screens since I do a lot of shiftwork.
Anyway, I picked the least interesting screenshots because I don't like spoiling things.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 23:18:13 by KG »

Offline Well

• View Profile
    • hi im the well
Re: [Puzzle/Miscellaneous] [Large] הגדיר
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:21:01 »
Spoiler: big picture (click to show/hide)

[mod]Put a big picture in a spoiler[/mod]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:30:58 by LPChip »

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 03:55:11 »
O h .

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 21:18:04 »
That sounds like something I should look forward to.
What does הגדיר mean ?

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 00:13:50 »
That sounds like something I should look forward to.
What does הגדיר mean ?

It's a Hebrew verb meaning to "define" or "determine". That's... yeah that's about all I can say about that.
Do you like puzzle games, Polana. If you've played the one in Too Much Soda, this will be sort of like that. Just, like I said, less sucky.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 00:16:58 by KG »

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 00:21:05 »
To be honest, I've never finished it. But I liked that level. And stopped drinking soda.

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 00:23:56 »
To be honest, I've never finished it. But I liked that level. And stopped drinking soda.
Good thing. Too much soda is bad for you.
When you say you never finished it, I'm guessing you mean the puzzle game. And I'm guessing that is because it was too hard, which was my main problem with it. What I'm trying to do here is make something that is possible for anyone to win at.

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 17:08:36 »
I've played Too Much Soda long time ago too and you're right, it IS hard (I mean that questions part thing). I chose rather battle but with the same result - too hard. But I like the concept.

This level looks interesting. Can we expect some story?
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline Marximillian

• I don't hate Swedes, what are you implying exactly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 17:55:43 »
KG's finally come out of his hiatus! 229/300 looks like it means you've got a ways to go though. I guess there's no way it'd make the deadline for that epic competition thing.
x

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 21:29:10 »
Oh wow, a new KG level ^^
I like the sound of this, looking forward to it :)
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 02:25:38 »
This level looks interesting. Can we expect some story?
Maybe. Right now I have scenes containing bad drawings and illegible writing, which might possibly be interpreted or otherwise arranged as a story (or as abstract art).

KG's finally come out of his hiatus! 229/300 looks like it means you've got a ways to go though. I guess there's no way it'd make the deadline for that epic competition thing.
Yes. And probably not, though the prizes didn't interest me anyway.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 09:51:44 »
Yes. And probably not, though the prizes didn't interest me anyway.

And here I thought people would be in it for the glory. What would be an interesting prize?

Looking forward to this mysterious level, by the way.

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 03:33:01 »
And here I thought people would be in it for the glory. What would be an interesting prize?

Bah, humbug! Glory is for the insecure!
I don't know what an interesting prize would be, really. Most worldly things I want I already have, and the things I want and don't have are impossible and hence not worth worrying over. I think your prize-choice is adequate for a fair amount of people who frequent this forum, I'm just an outlier on that pie chart.
That said, I AM potentially interested in the levels produced for your competition, and once I'm not threefold-busy I'll have to try playing them. I'd always been very disappointed in the lackluster convictions and levels of effort put forth by certain level makers back in the day, which was partly why I endeavored to make Teenhmifnoeafgil.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 04:45:14 »

Bah, humbug! Glory is for the insecure!
I don't know what an interesting prize would be, really. Most worldly things I want I already have, and the things I want and don't have are impossible and hence not worth worrying over. I think your prize-choice is adequate for a fair amount of people who frequent this forum, I'm just an outlier on that pie chart.
That said, I AM potentially interested in the levels produced for your competition, and once I'm not threefold-busy I'll have to try playing them. I'd always been very disappointed in the lackluster convictions and levels of effort put forth by certain level makers back in the day, which was partly why I endeavored to make Teenhmifnoeafgil.

Considering my entry took a lot of inspiration from Teenhmifnoeafgil, I'm honoured that you intend to play it.

Also, I'm looking forward to this level as well.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 05:24:32 »
Considering my entry took a lot of inspiration from Teenhmifnoeafgil, I'm honoured that you intend to play it.

Also, I'm looking forward to this level as well.
Oh! I didn't even consider that someone would've been inspired by it. That makes me all the more interested.