I made the sandwich! (spoilers?)

• 10 Replies
I made the sandwich! (spoilers?)
« on: February 06, 2013, 23:18:27 »
I finally got around to getting all the stuff for the secret sandwich! I was skeptical of the recipe at first because the ingredients seemed kind of random, but it was actually really good! I think it's got to be one of my favorite secrets now  X)

Has anyone else tried it? Any interesting variations anyone has tried?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: I made the sandwich! (spoilers?)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 00:46:46 »
Congratulations! Making the sandwich is an official requirement for 100% completion of Knytt Underground.

The story of the official sandwich is an odd one.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I had to come up with a recipe for it. My solution was to arrange a "sandwich jam" with my friends in Copenhagen. We bought lots of ingredients and experimented. All sandwiches were vegetarian, but not vegan. My "Evil Insanity" sandwich (inspired by D Fast's album with the same name) scored pretty high. I don't remember the ingredients that well, but I know it had cheese, szechuan pepper, sesame oil, and lots of yellow habanero. Thing is, the habanero went into a small spot on the sandwich so it'd come as a surprise :) I remember Douglas Wilson's (J.S. Joust) reaction, which something like "mmmmm, this is good and HOLY SHIT IT BURNS!!!" (can't remember the exact words). I'm pretty sure picture #2 is an Evil Insanity before it went into the oven, so maybe you can work out more of the ingredients and make one. If it tastes excellent but results in pain and suffering, you made it right.

Alessandro Coronas (who created the Where is my Heart soundtrack) came up with a much more "friendly" sandwich that got the highest score, and thus made it into the game. It was also my personal favorite of that evening.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:21:10 by Nifflas »

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 00:49:34 »
I am totally going to make and eat the sandwich... and record the results as I do so.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 02:02:11 »
That's an awesome story! C)p

Susanna's achievement makes so much more sense now too.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 13:29:21 »
He he, I'm so glad I worked to get the special ending... I hope I can make the sandwich too, but I'm not sure my country has all the ingredients.

That also reminds me I have never made a "Sinner's Delight" from Deadly Premonition. I want a sammich now... :sigh:

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 22:20:02 »
I made and ate a Sinner's Sandwich. It was amazing and delicious. I used Cap'N Crunch though, and it's clearly supposed to be Corn Flakes.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 23:20:56 »
Wow, there's another game with a sandwich recipe? I better check it out!

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 00:27:41 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-41YUSZ9VAg
I can't make this stuff up.

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 18:31:58 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-41YUSZ9VAg
I can't make this stuff up.

Please, for the love of God, give me back the last three minutes of my life...

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 02:02:11 »
Please, for the love of God, give me back the last three minutes of my life...

Yes, for the love of God!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 06:03:07 »
It seems another sandwich jam will be held a week from now in San Francisco! No idea if any of the participants from the original will be involved. Will anyone here be able to attend?

In related news, I gathered all the ingredients to make the secret sandwich this week. I plan to take photos.