[challenge/maze][hard][medium] Gustav's son

• 24 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Re: [challenge/maze][hard][medium] Gustav's son
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 00:16:14 »
Just finished this. I really liked it! I had a couple issues with it, though: first, I'm not sure what you were going for with the trees and grass and other things stuck in the background in most of the "overworld" screens. They just didn't look as nice as the rest of the game did. Second, in the tower of the wind:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Last, it felt like the intro was missing a slide. That might just be me, though.

Other than that, it was pretty great! I thought the houses were a bit small on the inside, but that's really just a niggle. And I loved the village in the green cave.

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 16:04:02 »
Just playing it. Good atmosphere, graphics, story etc. Especially the underground labyrinth.  :D
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 11:39:19 »
@ Healy: They were supposed to be trees and other vegetation growing in clefts in rocks. I guess that those screens needs remake, so I will make v3. Thank you
@ CWolvie> Thank you too.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 18:18:16 »
I liked it. I especially love your music choices; they always fit the mood of the area very well. My favorite areas were the ruined temple and the German town.

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 10:37:05 »
I downloaded this level almost a month ago but forgot to install it. I discovered it yesterday and I really, really liked it. It was finally a level with a difficulty that didn't frustrate me at all (I know I'm terrible at Knytting) while not feeling too easy and the different areas in the level were really beautiful. I especially liked the transport into, and the look of, the sky area. Great job.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 12:07:44 »
Coincidentally, I also played this today. It was super cute! I love how realistically tiny the knytt houses are on the inside. A totally worthy sequel.

I noticed a few bugs and flaws, but I was enjoying the level too much to note them down. I'd be happy to replay it and make notes if you are ever in the mood for bug-fixing, though. Looking forward to your next level!

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 18:21:16 »
Thank you both.
@Sergio: I amgoing to make third, fixed, version, so list of bugs is exactly the thing I need. I would be glad if you send it to me.

Offline sphere

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 13:58:28 »
I really like your art display in this level. And it's as fun as Gustave's daughter. 

Here are some details that I think could be improved.
1. It's so based on luck in x1004y1003, and lack of savepoint
2. some dialogue can be designed to insert the picture instead of extracting from original program, I think it will look more aesthetic

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 23:38:10 »
This was a pretty nice level.  My biggest complaint is that the main tileset, with the trees growing(?) on the rocks is a bit confusing looking.  It's hard to tell if the trees are growing on those stones or breaking through them. 

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 04:29:13 »
I haven't finished the level yet (There might be an edit to this post when I do), but I like how you keep the player from going too high in some places by blocking them with clouds.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:38:24 by Caveflower »