How to delete all save data on PC?

• 5 Replies
How to delete all save data on PC?
« on: February 03, 2013, 20:41:30 »
I want to start fresh. No achievements, no title screen, just me and the area on the left. I could just wipe all the map data but I'd like to wipe the achievements too, get a completely fresh look. What files or commands do I need to do in order to do this?

Yes, I beat Figure Space. Argh, Figure Space!

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: How to delete all save data on PC?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 20:58:13 »
The files are inside AppData\Roaming\Nifflas\Knytt Underground. You can delete all files but "Settings - Chowdren".
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 21:05:17 »
Thank you! Your assistance is much appreciated. I hid those files you indicated in a subfolder, successfully keeping the game from reading them.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 21:05:30 »
Just to clarify: deleting all files would go a bit far, as that means removing the entire game. But if you delete the entire settings folder (or rename) the game should create a new one.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 15:59:41 »
LPChip, that doesn't apply here. The game itself sits in the Program Files (x86) folder by default, while we're talking about removing content from the system's roaming application data folder. If you want, you can remove the entire Knytt Underground folder there, this will clear all settings and savegames. The game will still run nicely and create new settings files on launch.

The reason I didn't add a "clear achievements" feature is that the game is meant to be expanded to work with Steam that doesn't support this feature at all.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 16:10:42 »
Ah, silly me. That only applies to portable installs. Right. Thanks for correcting me. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex