Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2018, 02:28:10 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Temporary  |  Knytt Stories Level Releases  |  Topic: [Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties} « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: [Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties}  (Read 52394 times)
Fubaka
Global Moderator

Total My honestly gotten stars: 79

We are the music makers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2018, 20:04:19 »

Greetings, Hopeseekeer. I'll try to troubleshoot the problem here, but I need a little bit more info from you first.

*Are you using standard Knytt Stories to play the level? If not, which mod are you using?
*How did you cheat to get the red key? (I.e. did you use the in-game warp, did you skip ahead using the editor, etc.)

Once you've answered these, I might have a better idea of what happened.

Great music doesn't force you to think; it allows you to.

Finished Levels:
Hopeseekeer

Total My honestly gotten stars: 1

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2018, 07:38:24 »

Hello Fubaka, after "stalking" on the forum for a long time it feels weird/ kind of a honour to speak to you. :O

I got the red key by pressing Control + Shift + C and then spacebar + right click to avoid threats.

I am using Knytt Stories Plus 1.3.4

Thanks for the help, hopefully we can solve this. I wouldn't want to go to the next area before finishing this one but I don't get what it's supposed to happen here.

By the way if the piston puzzle was not open already, if the solution is in the yellow flowers, then the two things would "connect", and so it would make sense. I would have one way in mind one could figure out to use the number. Otherwise I would have no idea on how to solve it.

I cannot be 100% sure if the secret is even related to the piston puzzle obviously.

Maybe I'll start and go through the whole level again and see if the problem is still there. Maybe I just screwed up something. What I'm really worried about is if the level is ok for other people, I don't want other people to arrive there and find the piston puzzle open. If I screwed up something I guess that's ok. (the curiosity remains)

>>>edit: not even OOBs and cheats have worked, no way to get to the avatar screen and him saying intelligent things, my savegame was just too screwed up. So I have gone through the level again (with OOBs because it took a long time to do this legitimately and it was just a test) and the piston puzzle is closed, working. Yay

So indeed I had somehow screwed up something, and the level is OK. Let's not try to figure out what problem it was, our time is more precious.

Now.... how the hell am I supposed to open this laser gate LOL please at least give me a strong hint or am I supposed to just bruteforce this? The flower count doesn't seem to help.
Thank you

Gave a star for the obviously well executed level and explained a bit better what happened.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:30:12 by Hopeseekeer » Logged
Fubaka
Global Moderator

We are the music makers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2018, 15:57:26 »

So I think I discovered what the problem might be. Whether or not the piston gate is open in the flower area depends on whether Flag 0 is set or not. Nothing is supposed to set it prior to your arrival there, but I discovered an old leftover shift that set it in the main level that wasn't supposed to be in use anymore. I deleted the flag trigger here, so hopefully that will solve the problem. I will do some additional testing and maybe clean a couple of things up for a 1.0.9 release some time soon.

As for how to legitimately get past the piston puzzle, you seem to have spelt out all of the in-game hints. The yellow flowers in question refer only to the ones in the caves, not on the surface (in 1.0.9, I will have the yellow flowers on the surface changed into red flowers). So what you need to do is follow the line of yellow flowers from the beginning of the underground section to the location of the yellow key. Take note of how many are on each screen. That should be enough for you to solve the puzzle.

Finished Levels:
Hopeseekeer

Total My honestly gotten stars: 1

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2018, 22:42:31 »

Oh I see! Yeah maybe I have triggered this flag you are talking about. No idea how else this could have happened. Thank you! In any case I am now back on track (after an ashaming number of cheats and OOBs to reach the flower area from a fresh save) and I haven't triggered anything, the gate is properly closed.

So, the flowers in the very very early part of the level do not count.
I am laughing so hard now, because I thought I was very intelligent, having counted -every- yellow flower, yes, even the one on that unreachable area on the left!!! XD So if they are not 31, ok, I will try to open it with the other number  :D You can just bruteforce the puzzle, but doing it understanding what you are doing is obviously more fun!

On a side note, if you are releasing a 1.0.9, maybe you can consider
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Thanks again for the amazing level. I might disturb you again with some later secrets but maybe I'll just pm you instead of disturbing newer posts :oops:

Fubaka
Global Moderator

We are the music makers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2018, 04:28:21 »

I will not be giving out hints for the Bad Endings, as those are supposed to be the real easter eggs. You'll just have to comb around in the Editor if you can't find it legit.

As for this new update, I am currently planning on changing up some of the challenges as well. I made this level 5 years ago, and some of the elements within could use some streamlining. I almost felt like making a new area entirely, but maybe I should save it for a new level instead. Look out for the update within the next few days.

Finished Levels:
Fubaka
Global Moderator

We are the music makers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2018, 07:25:59 »

A new update has been released for Cosmic Meltdown! Here is a breakdown of the changes:

Cosmic Meltdown 1.0.9:
  • Streamlined a bunch of challenges (mainly in the first areas).
  • Added a few new rooms.
  • Changed a couple graphics around in a secret place to lessen confusion.
  • Pulled out a potentially sequence-breaking flag that did nothing.
  • Fixed a potential area where Juni can get stuck at the very very very end of the level.
  • Made a contentionably impossible jump actually impossible (for now).
  • Nerfed Bayonetta.

The download link is on the original post. Have fun!

Finished Levels:
Miragent

Total My honestly gotten stars: 7

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2018, 14:09:16 »

Thank you very much for furtherly tweaking this classic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Temporary  |  Knytt Stories Level Releases  |  Topic: [Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties} « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length