[Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties}

• 115 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: [Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties}
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2014, 00:30:07 »
I also maintain that hovering through a two-block-high gap covering more than half a screen while avoiding six vertical lasers goes WAY beyond lunatic.

Try playing Dark Sea 2, or any of SecretGlitch's other levels, then tell me what Lunatic is. :P

I just got to the four-keys ending! ...Wait, there's more?!

Fubaka, I have two questions. Firstly, what's the coordinate region for the post-game content? Secondly, why does the pillars section of x1032y960 seem harder than than the corresponding section of x1036y960?

Oh yes, there's more!

To find the coordinates for that, I would ask that you consult the World.ini file, so I don't have to post them here.  In fact, if you have any questions about the secret content from here, please PM it to me.

Well, considering that those two screens are exactly identical in obstacle content, sans the lasers in the first one, the difficulty probably only lies in the angle that you are tackling it from.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2014, 12:27:47 »
I get input lag from changing screens a lot and it frequently kills me. I also sometimes get input lag from rapid opening and closing of the umbrella, and sometimes the game can't handle too many inputs at once (S+right+up, for example, can fail to lead to climbing on impact).

Hm. I sometimes get problem-causing input lag when changing screens in the middle of any kind of fast-twitch move. For me, at least, the issue is related to my use of KS+ and its single-pass render setting. In every case thus far, temporarily disabling the single-pass render setting gets rid of the screen-change lag for me...

Actually, it's eggplant.

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2014, 22:02:20 »
Hm. I sometimes get problem-causing input lag when changing screens in the middle of any kind of fast-twitch move. For me, at least, the issue is related to my use of KS+ and its single-pass render setting. In every case thus far, temporarily disabling the single-pass render setting gets rid of the screen-change lag for me...

In every case thus far, temporarily disabling the single-pass render setting gets rid of the screen-change lag for me...

gets rid of the screen-change lag for me...

MARRY ME!
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2014, 22:10:13 »
Try playing Dark Sea 2, or any of SecretGlitch's other levels, then tell me what Lunatic is. :P

I beat Dark Sea for the second time a couple of days ago. No real problems. I'm a fair distance through Dark Sea II and Industrial Trap, and have done everything fairly except a couple of the more ludicrous timing challenges. I've beaten Candy Town, Advanced and Amidst the Clouds (which was problematic, but the other two are cakewalks). I am miserably stuck in Going Left, having encountered screens that seem impossible to beat by any means other than teleportation, even though I've examined them in the level editor. For a fairly long time I didn't play anything below Very Hard because they were no fun, and I'm much better now than I was then.

I reiterate: that room is simply not beatable unless you can act much, much faster than I can. I'll try it again with single-pass rendering off and see what I think then.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2014, 22:50:26 »
I reiterate: that room is simply not beatable unless you can act much, much faster than I can. I'll try it again with single-pass rendering off and see what I think then.
I think I had to use the official KS 1.2.1 release to beat one of the challenges in this level. The performance difference with the single-pass rendering turned off is minute, but there is a difference.

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2014, 23:20:31 »
Well, considering that those two screens are exactly identical in obstacle content, sans the lasers in the first one, the difficulty probably only lies in the angle that you are tackling it from.

I attempted the pillars section of the ghostly version in both directions and had to cheat my way past, but I beat the lasers version on my first try. Either the shots are spreading wider, which seems unlikely, or I just got lucky, I guess.

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2014, 11:51:51 »
A pretty nice level

The bad ending was funny  X-P

When I got to the end of the level I fell into the normal ending by mistake, even though I had the yellow key. Then when I went back I found the game auto-saved at the ending, so I can't know if I missed something special... Very annoying... >(

In any case the level felt a bit linear, and I'm not sure I'd want to go back through everything trying to find a hidden secret...

Good aspects of the level were good atmosphere and a good story, and also the challenges were quite fun and not too hard. The difficulty was more like "hard" than "very hard". Although the level was quite fun, the story and the challenges didn't feel very original. It's all stuff we've kind of seen before.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2014, 17:18:16 »
A pretty nice level

The bad ending was funny  X-P

When I got to the end of the level I fell into the normal ending by mistake, even though I had the yellow key. Then when I went back I found the game auto-saved at the ending, so I can't know if I missed something special... Very annoying... >(

In any case the level felt a bit linear, and I'm not sure I'd want to go back through everything trying to find a hidden secret...

Good aspects of the level were good atmosphere and a good story, and also the challenges were quite fun and not too hard. The difficulty was more like "hard" than "very hard". Although the level was quite fun, the story and the challenges didn't feel very original. It's all stuff we've kind of seen before.

I suspect that if you are talking about the two choices you get at the end, one door is just open, and the other requires both the yellow and purple keys.  As far as I remember, there is no door in the normal run that only requires a yellow key.

Keep playing.  You may feel differently once you've found more secrets.  As I said to everyone else, the normal playthrough is only about 35% of the game's total content.

Throughout this thread is littered most of the hints for secret finding if you can't/don't want to find them yourself.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 17:27:55 by Fubaka »

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

Offline Mitorun

• Web Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Knytt Stories fan website
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2015, 12:56:07 »
I love finding secrets. Took the detector, purple key, eyes, hologram ... oops, I read that it is necessary at this point to have two keys. Start playing again, I find a blue key, I come to the same place ... oops, I only have one blue key! Remember where he lay purple key, pass the game again and the place can not see the secret passage. Hmm. Now find tips on the forum and will continue to pass.

Found wallswim (in the screenshot), when he got the eye and returns through cave need to talk to the little man - and when you rise up, leaving the wall.

P.S. Basalt Woods sumptuous.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 13:31:05 by Mitorun »

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2015, 18:33:20 »
I love finding secrets. Took the detector, purple key, eyes, hologram ... oops, I read that it is necessary at this point to have two keys. Start playing again, I find a blue key, I come to the same place ... oops, I only have one blue key! Remember where he lay purple key, pass the game again and the place can not see the secret passage. Hmm. Now find tips on the forum and will continue to pass.

Found wallswim (in the screenshot), when he got the eye and returns through cave need to talk to the little man - and when you rise up, leaving the wall.

P.S. Basalt Woods sumptuous.

Glad you're liking it so far!

If you are still having trouble finding the keys, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll give you a hint.

Also, just so you are aware, Juni is a woman, and so is the girl in the caves. :P

Love anything

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2015, 15:36:05 »
For a very long time I haven't played Knytt Stories. Today I decided to give it a try again.
Firstly I wanted just to play A Strange Dream to remind myself old times. But I changed my mind and I picked this one.

I was sursprised. Everything I loved about Knytt Stories came back.

Beautiful story, wonderful artwork and nice music. The level design is just perfect.
It has a touching atmosphere, giving me feeling I have known from Nifflas's levels.

Great work. Thanks for your time you spend creating this level. Giving a  :hiddenstar:.

I really liked the challenges there. There were so many new ideas.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I definitelly will play it again to find secrets.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 15:41:28 by Comhon »

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2015, 18:14:00 »
For a very long time I haven't played Knytt Stories. Today I decided to give it a try again.
Firstly I wanted just to play A Strange Dream to remind myself old times. But I changed my mind and I picked this one.

I was sursprised. Everything I loved about Knytt Stories came back.

Beautiful story, wonderful artwork and nice music. The level design is just perfect.
It has a touching atmosphere, giving me feeling I have known from Nifflas's levels.

Great work. Thanks for your time you spend creating this level. Giving a  :hiddenstar:.

I really liked the challenges there. There were so many new ideas.

I definitelly will play it again to find secrets.

Thank you, and please do.  There is a great deal more to be discovered.

Love anything

Offline scwizard

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2015, 04:07:25 »
What I can say about this level, which I can't really say about any other thus far, is that i was NOT able to play through it in one sitting.

First attempt. Got the bad ending.

Second attempt. Got a ways though the "very hard" path before I gave up and cheated on the tail end of things. Also I only got two keys.

Next up is the a legitimate four keys run. No cheats final destination. Then...

Offline scwizard

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2015, 04:14:15 »
Actually I don't have anything to do tonight. Lets do this. Here's my timeline.

And that's enough for today.

Part of me wants to restart and try and tackle the laser corridor without cheating. But I don't think I will.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:33:36 by scwizard »

Offline Miyako

• 5Y5T3M M41D3N
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2015, 01:53:34 »
Playing this map on stream right now. ~ twitch.tv/ayu

Bugs/Wall Swims in spoilers.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:04:41 by Miyako »