[Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties}

• 115 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: [Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties}
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 02:22:34 »
You should really consider releasing update packages for those who already have an old version of the level. The simple way to do this is to remove the music and ambiance folders before compressing the level. 109 MB is a lot to download repeatedly.

I suppose, though to be honest, for most people, downloading 109 MB isn't that big of a deal anymore.  It only takes my computer about 20 seconds to do it, and my connection is nothing special.  

However, if anyone needs me to do that, I'd be happy to send them an update package in the manner you describe.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:24:13 by Fubaka »
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 12:27:42 »
This is a good story, and you handled everything quite well.  I did have to gave up trying to find all the endings: too hard and time consuming.  I also thought it would be longer, but it is more an epic story than epic length I think (compared to number of areas in The Machine for instance).

Is Basalt Woods tileset usable?  It so beautiful I'd really like to use it.  Below is my favorite screen by the way.  The way you used the darker waterfall to imply depth was brilliant.  I don't think I've seen that done before. 

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 18:53:54 »
This is a good story, and you handled everything quite well.  I did have to gave up trying to find all the endings: too hard and time consuming.  I also thought it would be longer, but it is more an epic story than epic length I think (compared to number of areas in The Machine for instance).

Is Basalt Woods tileset usable?  It so beautiful I'd really like to use it.  Below is my favorite screen by the way.  The way you used the darker waterfall to imply depth was brilliant.  I don't think I've seen that done before. 

To understand why it's epic length, you will need to hunt down one of the bigger game secrets.  To do this, you need to get all 4 keys and use them.  If you have to cheat to find this part of the game, then so be it.

Also, you may use any tileset in the level that doesn't say otherwise, and Basalt Woods is one of those you may use.  If you want to use the tilesets in there that mention being made specifically for Purple Ink, you will need to contact that user for permission.  I'm sure Purple Ink will let you do so if you ask.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

Offline Sleem

• Ponies are cool..........
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 23:03:13 »
I would like to announce the release of the first bonus video to my let's play of this level. Unlike my other videos, this one is an hour long, as I achieve a good ending. I still haven't managed to find any indication of the level being far longer than it appears. It seems assistance is required if I am ever to see it.

Anyway, here's the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZusNXLMxQfw
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the most epic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poop

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 13:00:52 »
Seems like a lot of people are missing out on the big secret! I hope Fubaka doesn't mind but here are some hints for anyone.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:06 »
Oh yeah so I looked at this level yesterday through the level composer, and this level is 1453 screens large, which I think makes it the largest finished level.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2013, 04:44:40 »
Oh yeah so I looked at this level yesterday through the level composer, and this level is 1453 screens large, which I think makes it the largest finished level.

To top that off, most of those screens are unique, and I didn't even realize it!

Of course, KG here is going to one up me when his next level is released. :P

Love anything

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 04:38:13 »
I've got another update for you all, and this one makes quite a few minor changes to the game.  As such, it is jumping straight to 1.0.5.  I highly recommend you download this update, since it makes some considerable updates to the gameplay.

Changes:
  • Changed and added some dialogs.
  • Improved collision in Basalt Woods and other places.
  • Modified some challenges and moved some save points around.
  • Fixed some continuity mistakes.
  • Fixed some shifts that didn't behave entirely well.
  • Added a secret passageway in the Silver Mountain Summit, for players sick of the water channel on the harder path.

This might be the last update done to this level, unless some more glitches and problems crop up.  I'd say as it looks, the level is near flawless now.

Love anything

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2013, 22:29:28 »
I'm interested in playing this level, but the download link is broken.  Would someone be able to re-upload the level?

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 01:34:05 »
I'm interested in playing this level, but the download link is broken.  Would someone be able to re-upload the level?

I have fixed the link!  Download and enjoy!

Love anything

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 01:48:14 »

Still seems to be down.  I also tried logging into DA to see if it made a difference. (It didn't.  :()

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 06:05:43 »

Still seems to be down.  I also tried logging into DA to see if it made a difference. (It didn't.  :()

That's very odd.  It was working for me earlier.  Hopefully I don't have to give up on this option.

Love anything

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2013, 06:51:38 »
Making sure it's not on my end, I tried three different browsers.  No luck with anything so far.

Perhaps try Mega/Mediafire or something of the like? 

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2013, 14:27:05 »
Alright.  For the moment, it seems to be working again.  If it stops working by the time you try it again, I will try a different space provider.

Update:  DeviantArt has failed me for the last time.  I have changed the link to a Mediafire link.  It should work now.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:35:38 by Fubaka »

Love anything

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2013, 04:49:29 »
I fail at finding secrets. Only found the yellow key and the detector...