[Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties}

• 115 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
After 15 months of on and off work and several subsequent patches over the years, I proudly present to all of you:

Featuring:

-A highly varied world to explore, from dry plains to deep forests, tall mountains, and so much more, drawn almost entirely by me!
-Non-standard music created by independent artists with their permission, as well as some public domain goodies!
-An in-depth, involving storyline which will possibly make you laugh and cry at moments, complete with branching conversation responses that you can make!
-A bushel of troll-faces!
-Loads of SECRETS, and I mean a TON!

Depending on the number of secrets you find, the difficulty will increase.  It starts at Hard, and as you progress in the secret zones, it gets harder until eventually reaching a few Lunatic challenges.

Download it here: Cosmic Meltdown 1.1.2_02 (135 MB)

Thanks to everyone who helped me polish this level as much as possible over the years. I feel at this point the level is more yours than mine, so I hope you cherish it as such. As always, let me know if there are any remaining errors in the level, and I will fix them as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 22:31:06 by Fubaka »
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties}
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 18:41:16 »
This is one of best levels I've ever played  ;). Very big and epic adventure. Now, I can give You a  :hiddenstar:.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 20:44:49 »
This is one of best levels I've ever played  ;). Very big and epic adventure. Now, I can give You a  :hiddenstar:.

And I can give you a  :hiddenstar: for beta testing!

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 02:23:11 »
Pretty ambitious level, and the atmosphere is really great, though I wasn't too much a fan of some of the actual obstacles.

Found a wallswim:
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 05:30:23 »
Pretty ambitious level, and the atmosphere is really great, though I wasn't too much a fan of some of the actual obstacles.

Found a wallswim:

Okay, I suppose if enough remaining mistakes like that are found, I'll release another version to correct them.  I do wish you'd be a little more specific about which obstacles you weren't much of a fan of.

Love anything

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 12:46:15 »
Man am I glad this level is finally released! So much work into it and I really hope people enjoy and appreciate it. It's definitely worth hunting down secrets (if you're up for a challenge). There's a lot more to this level than you think on the first play-through.

Good luck everyone! You're going to need it. <_<

Found a wallswim:

Mind telling me how?

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 12:55:36 »
Man am I glad this level is finally released! So much work into it and I really hope people enjoy and appreciate it. It's definitely worth hunting down secrets (if you're up for a challenge). There's a lot more to this level than you think on the first play-through.

Good luck everyone! You're going to need it. <_<

Found a wallswim:

Mind telling me how?

I know how.  He
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Love anything

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 12:57:45 »
I know how.  He

Hm, that's what I thought. Must not have done it right on my play-through(s).

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 13:34:30 »
Okay, I have uploaded a new version.  The only real difference is that a few relatively small wallswims were fixed, so it isn't mandatory to download this new version if you have the old one still.

Love anything

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 15:19:41 »
I do wish you'd be a little more specific about which obstacles you weren't much of a fan of.

It's the general use of the more random enemies that spit projectiles and the fact that often the obstacle is just overcoming single enemies at a time in a normal boring way. In a few areas I felt I died because of the randomness. Certainly some people have a higher tolerance than I to it.

Not to say that every obstacle wasn't of my taste, I especially liked the
I saw a lot of potential in this level, and it certainly hooked me in for at least completing it, but I probably wouldn't have commented on the obstacles if there weren't some that I thought were really good. I can't say much negative on the other aspects of the level, as there were enough save points, looked and sounded great, and the story was interesting. I suppose maybe the text boxes that use one too many lines looked awkward but that's it.
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 16:00:39 »
I reached the good ending . I must say that it was sometimes too hard for me, especially the screen where you get hologram and screen with all those white flowers nearly behind it. I liked graphics and story, especially how did people in the village interact with each other. Juni is usually lonely wolf, so this put more originality into your level.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 01:28:04 »
I must say that it was sometimes too hard for me

You have no idea. <_<

Anyway, some spoilers! I finally found the biggest secret of all and ....

Offline MasterF

• Niflls pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 15:22:57 »
Completed it!Have a :hiddenstar: !It was an epic story,with good music,and I like the talking mechanics you put into it.Most challenges were good,and never way too frustrating,although there were some generic "dodgethisandthatANDthat!" moments,some relied on bullethell.I completed it with only the yellow key.I don't like how I found it by randomly climbing into an invisible wall,though.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 15:51:19 »
Completed it!Have a :hiddenstar: !It was an epic story,with good music,and I like the talking mechanics you put into it.Most challenges were good,and never way too frustrating,although there were some generic "dodgethisandthatANDthat!" moments,some relied on bullethell.I completed it with only the yellow key.I don't like how I found it by randomly climbing into an invisible wall,though.

Well, I'm sure you have many more secrets to hunt for.  Your journey through this level has just begun!

Love anything