[Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties}

• 115 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: [Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length] Cosmic Meltdown {3 Difficulties}
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2022, 22:26:36 »
Hi. I have faced some issues after meeting with the mayor and telling her about the machine and the end of the world.

While walking, at some points the whole layout changes suddenly, which I understand is totally on purpose since the world is melting away. However when this happens and I go back to previous screens I am able to climb some invisible walls and reach the void that I am pretty sure should not happen.

It happened in version 1.1.1 and now I downloaded 1.1.2_01, started the same save and the same happens.
You can see the issue in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sixhcppra6mq8ak/2022-03-13%2021-54-48.mp4?dl=0

Loving the level so far!

Ah, I see what the problem is. I'd installed a wall there to prevent the player slipping past a shift tripwire, but I hadn't taken into account the idea that the player could approach that particular trigger from the other side. I'll have that fixed and a new version uploaded shortly. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: The fixed version is out now, and has replaced the old one. Version 1.1.2_02. You can find it on the first post.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 22:35:09 by Fubaka »
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline cman

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2022, 00:24:24 »
Happy to contribute. It is all fixed now thanks!, I also realized that I was trying to go back when it wasn't needed.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2022, 09:02:31 »
Happy to contribute. It is all fixed now thanks!, I also realized that I was trying to go back when it wasn't needed.
Well it's not your fault for trying to go back. It's my fault as a designer for failing to properly account for such a situation. I realized when going back to fix the issue that I had set a trigger there way back when to specifically cause something to happen if you tried to go back, but when I was making my fixes for 1.1.1, I mistakenly believed that you'd be approaching from the left, like with the other ones. :P

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

Offline cman

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2022, 00:12:35 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2022, 05:16:23 »
Well, before we get to talking about the red key, did you ever find the Eye powerup?

Love anything

Offline cman

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2022, 14:21:25 »
Actually not, only the enemy detector power-up!

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2022, 15:16:20 »
Actually not, only the enemy detector power-up!
I see. Well, you'll need to find the eye powerup early in the level if you want any hope of finding the red or blue keys. Try starting a new game and searching for it before you speak to the mayor of Juni's village.

Love anything

Offline cman

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2022, 01:59:41 »
Thanks! that clue was all I needed to find it. It really feels like a whole different level once you get the eye.

I did quite a bit of progress. Usually I stay away of hard or lunatic levels... I am not so good when things get challenging. However I this time I took the challenge! question:

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2022, 15:23:23 »
Thanks! that clue was all I needed to find it. It really feels like a whole different level once you get the eye.

I did quite a bit of progress. Usually I stay away of hard or lunatic levels... I am not so good when things get challenging. However I this time I took the challenge! question:
Yeah, that part is possible, just a bit harder without High Jump. You do need to save the double jump to give you that extra bit of oomph, but you also need to make good use of the current to gain the extra height you need. It may help to remember that holding down the S key with the umbrella out causes currents to lift you with more force.

Love anything

Offline cman

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2022, 21:44:17 »
Well thank you for the tips. I managed to do the jump thanks to holding S. Great level! I had fun trying and trying to advance as it got more and more difficult. At the end I had to give up here:

I evaluated it and tried several times and I am convinced this is as as far as I can go, but I am still happy with what I managed!

I also couldn't manage to do the next jump here to get to the secret area:

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2022, 22:13:28 »
Well thank you for the tips. I managed to do the jump thanks to holding S. Great level! I had fun trying and trying to advance as it got more and more difficult. At the end I had to give up here:

I evaluated it and tried several times and I am convinced this is as as far as I can go, but I am still happy with what I managed!

I also couldn't manage to do the next jump here to get to the secret area:
I'm glad you had a good time with it. I'm not too surprised that the screen you mentioned is where you got stuck. I think that is commonly cited as the hardest screen (that isn't secret, at any rate). Maybe one day you can come back and give it another go, so don't throw away your save file.

Also, regarding the second screen, I would recommend coming back to that on the normal path so you can use the high jump. That'll make it easier to get in there.

Love anything