What would be really useful:

• 5 Replies

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
What would be really useful:
« on: February 01, 2013, 00:54:17 »
If the various quest givers were to repeat your task to you when you talk to them again.

Because I've been playing this game in small 'portions' over a space of several weeks now, and I haven't been very systematic about doing one quest after another, so now I have lots of unfinished quests and basically no idea what they were anymore.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: What would be really useful:
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:31:48 »
The game works really simple and thus doesn't need this. Sure its nicer from a gamers perspective to get back in the story, but the way the game works, its another way and it works well too.

Basically, when you look at the map, get every i possible on the screen. Once you get a quest completed, the q on the map becomes a ? again, and by ? you can see that a quest is either new in that area or it has a follow-up.

So any screen showing you a q, you can ignore for now. Any screen with an i has an item you haven't gotten. When you pick up an item on the screen, it could be for a quest but that doesn't have to be the case. Coins and dimension crystals will not trigger a q to become a ? but also its possible to get items for quests you already finished.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 22:15:57 »
Yeah, I'd just like to know the stories that belong to the quests, you know?

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 22:26:37 »
The best way to do that now is to replay the game a second time and go to all the i's after you do a quest, and not do other quests. A quest you see on a room you visit will show up as a ? on the map anyway, and the active quest should have a Q on the map in blue if I'm not mistaken.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 23:41:19 »
The best way to do that now is to replay the game a second time (snip)

I kinda suck too badly to play it again. I mean, I've been playing for weeks, and I'm still not done with my first play-through, lol! There are a lot of screens/puzzles that took me like a million tries/deaths or that I only managed by accident. Not really keen on doing all that again.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:31 »
The best way to do that now is to replay the game a second time (snip)

I kinda suck too badly to play it again. I mean, I've been playing for weeks, and I'm still not done with my first play-through, lol! There are a lot of screens/puzzles that took me like a million tries/deaths or that I only managed by accident. Not really keen on doing all that again.

I know that feeling, but there's a catch. If you try them a second time, they'll seem much easier somehow. Only the real hard ones will still be hard. So overall it'll be not that bad.

MODPlug Central Forum