Hello!

• 5 Replies
Hello!
« on: January 30, 2013, 19:30:41 »
Hi, I just created an account and thought I'd introduce myself.  I am an indie developer and a long time fan of Nifflas' games.  When I played the original Knytt it completely changed the way I look at games and the emotional impact that they can have.  It's been a huge influence on the way I design my own games.  And since Knytt, the other Nifflas games I've tried have been pure magic.

I've always been looking for a small, friendly community in which I can get critiques on my creative projects as well as share critiques on the work of others.  I thought this might be that community since how could a forum of Nifflas fans be anything but creative and friendly :]

I put a link to my games in my sig in case anyone is curious :]  Currently they are all free though I would like to try and make a living off them someday.

---Sebastian
Play my games at ultimatewalrus.com

Offline Yoeri

• Normality is relative
    • View Profile
    • Bumper's business
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:52:56 »
Wow that's the first introduction topic in a while.

I've always been looking for a small, friendly community in which I can get critiques on my creative projects as well as share critiques on the work of others.  I thought this might be that community since how could a forum of Nifflas fans be anything but creative and friendly :]
How flattering. <3
But yes this is a good place for all of that.

Anyways, welcome to the forum! It's great to have enthusiastic members like you!

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:55:32 »
Welcome! As bumperpower64 said, you can find all those things here but there aren't a huge number of us around to give feedback. You might like to try the TIGSource forums aswell, which is a large community made up mostly of other indie game makers. Their Feedback board is intended for just such a use, though it can sometimes be difficult to get yourself noticed amongst all the activity. It's not as friendly forum as this one but then I've never found any other forums that are ;)

Anyway, it's lovely that you've chosen this little community to join. I hope we live up to your expectations :^^:

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 11:40:59 »
Howdy! I'm a big fan of Lackadaisium, so it's cool to see you here.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 00:06:59 »
Howdy! I'm a big fan of Lackadaisium, so it's cool to see you here.

Haha really??  That's awesome!  I've actually created a newer version of Lackadaisium that has a few scenes cleaned up but, more importantly, has a lot of easter eggs added to it (something I always wanted originally).  I was trying to make it into IGF this year.  Didn't quite make the cut, but at least I have a cool new updated version of the game.  I need to get around to releasing that soon.  As always though the question is figuring out how to get people to play it, haha.

It's not as friendly forum as this one but then I've never found any other forums that are ;)

Yep, that's been my experience with TIGSource as well.  Granted, last time I visited there was years ago.  But there did seem to be a certain snobbish air over there, as if being members of the secret super-cool indie game community entitles them to only the finest free games.  I should probably still be maintaining an account over there.  I just feel like I'd have to "don my armor" when I post something there.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Play my games at ultimatewalrus.com

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 03:04:00 »
Welcome, Sebastian. You seem like a nice fellow, glad you joined us. :)

Locking this topic as per rules, but let me close with the golden words of Miss Paula here:

Don't let this put you off, though, please. You are welcome here (which you should discover easily enough generally ;)).
When you have questions, you can avoid repeating ones that have been asked a lot already by reading the Official Forum Rules, the [faq], the [help] and using the [search] before posting. Or you just hope that people have time and nerves enough to tell you the answers anyways. :P (a lot of guys here ARE that helpful) XD
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:08:19 by SiamJai »