down button not working

• 3 Replies

Offline havar

• View Profile
down button not working
« on: January 30, 2013, 02:59:08 »
Hi, I think I found a bug. I played a couple levels and closed the game because I wanted to try playing it with JoyToKey. After configuring the settings in JoyToKey and restarting NighSky HD I can no longer scroll down in the menu. I tried disabling JoyToKey to see if that was causing it and I tried rebooting my laptop, but it did not help. After rebooting I noticed I could no longer close the game by pressing escape either (I think I could at first?) I am playing in Windows 7 64-bit.

By the way I had an error message asking for a MSVCP100.dll when I first started it, but that was easily solved by googling for it. Just so you know. Enjoying the game a lot otherwise, but I would rather keep going from where I left off rather than playing it again right away, and I would need to make some menu selections for that :p

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: down button not working
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:36:48 »
Hi Haver,

Since you already played the game normally without JoyToKey, its pretty easy to assume the problem you're having  is somehow caused by JoyToKey. Have you tried uninstalling it, rather than disabling.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline havar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 02:41:26 »
I found out what was causing it. It was the gamepad I was using that was causing the menu selector to go up automatically for some reason. Unplugging it fixed everything, and using a different one with JoytoKey works. It was causing the selector to go up whether JTK was running or not. JTK isn't installed before using it, so that couldn't have had any effect I think. Thanks anyway - glad it wasn't a bug!

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:08:33 »
Glad you found the solution!

For the faulty gamepad, I'd check if the analog stick is calibrated properly, as this is a frequent reason for this behavior.