[Challenge] Penumbra

• 7 Replies
[Challenge] Penumbra
« on: November 06, 2012, 09:49:48 »
Hello there. I've been fiddling around with the level editor for about a week now and I think its time to create a Knytt Story level. I'm still new to all of these, so bare with me as I make progress in making my level. I'm slowly getting the hang of using the level editor (Im using egomassive's KS+ mod), but I'm still having troubles with using warp and flags.

Anyhow, my level is heavily inspired by the game Limbo and Nightsky. I'm trying to capture Limbo's atmosphere and Nightsky's casual platforming. I finished creating my custom character spritesheet and am currently working on the tilesets that I want to use. I'll probably add puzzle elements in my levels once I'm more familiar with using warp and flags.

I will update this first post as I make progress and will try to provide screenshots for preview.

Videos:

5/11/2012
Custom Character animations.
http://youtu.be/jc2-JK0BDyE
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:11:50 by JTsentinel »

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge] Penumbra
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:00:31 »
You seem to have captured Limbo's atmosphere perfectly there. I'm very curious about how the character animation looks.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:38:28 »
Looks pretty nice. Flags and Warps seem to be the hardest part for most people, but they're worth learning. Good luck!

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 20:04:18 »
@ raicuparta
Thanks! I'll upload videos when I finish more screens.

@egomassive
I've read the manual and other instructions that I can find about warp/flags, I just need more practice to perfect it. I'm also looking for any tutorial videos about it.

Question: Can I ask for support and/or feedback in this thread or do I have to make another separate topic in Level Editing support forum?

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 20:43:51 »
Question: Can I ask for support and/or feedback in this thread or do I have to make another separate topic in Level Editing support forum?
Of course you don't have to make another topic ;). And good luck with making the level.

Offline Marximillian

• I don't hate Swedes, what are you implying exactly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 21:14:46 »
Custom character? There's a way to do that now?
x

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 02:10:23 »
Yes, Im using egomassive's KS Plus mod. Check out Nifflas Sources section it should be there...

*added video check first post.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 00:16:24 »
Yeah!  I'm hoping for a glut of KS+ levels once everyone figures out how amazing it is to use.  Looking good!