[Electro/Down tempo] Organic Mansion (made with audiotool, making of included)

• 8 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
In a recent discussion, the question raised which program is a good way to make some simple soundscapes.

Someone brought up audiotool, a browser DAW that I hadn't heard of before. I made a cool song with it called Mellow Vibe which is great for Knytt Stories, and everyone can use it for that without asking permission. Just credit me in the level.

I decided I wanted to make a "how did I do it" video to make a new song from scratch in audiotool. The song is 2:24, and the making of video is 1,5 hours. I'm very pleased with the result and it should be clear what I do.

If you have questions, just ask me. If you have a question of doing something that I didn't do in the video I might not know the answer as this is just my 2nd song I made.

Anyway, go listen to the song here: http://www.audiotool.com/track/organic_mansion/
Or check on youtube how I made the song. (both link to eachother too): http://youtu.be/UULzxi9kGbQ (note the full song is not played at the end)

Feel free to give comments here, vote on youtube and if you have an audiotool account, give a comment overthere. :) You may also give feedback here on the "Mellow Vibe" song posted in the 2nd paragraph.

Thanks for listening. I hope you like the songs.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Nice work! I liked the songs. I'll be sure to check out the making of when I have time, and maybe try my hand at it!

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Cool. :) Note, the making of takes 1,5 hours. :D But just watching the first 15 mins is already a satisfying experience I think.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
That's pretty awesome. I'm inspired to try it myself, and your video serves well as a guide. Thanks LPChip!  :hiddenstar:

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Awesome! :) thanks.

MODPlug Central Forum

this looks like a cool tool :]  i might play around with it when i'm needing inspiration.  nice songs too.
Play my games at ultimatewalrus.com

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
I didn't have time to watch the whole video this morning, but I will eventually!  Sounds really nice!  I may just have to try this Audiotool program!  Me likey!
Teeeheee

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Yeah, its a great program. Fairly simple, a bit limited maybe but works well for Knytt Stories levels.

MODPlug Central Forum