Question about The Cave by Klämrisk

• 4 Replies

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
Question about The Cave by Klämrisk
« on: January 14, 2013, 18:10:17 »
I don't know if anyone played this level before but I need your help.

I'm here and I have no idea how to make this jump. There are spikes on both sides of these walls in this pit and I have only umbrella and climb power-up.

It seems impossible without the running power-up. Am I missing something? :sad:
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Question about The Cave by Klämrisk
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 19:19:33 »
Do not jump when touching the ceiling, but go one cell lower. Otherwise you'll bump your head and thus go down sooner. Not sure if thats how you should do it, but it would be the first thing I'd try.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 21:37:19 »
You can also usually get a tiny bit more reach out of a jump by opening the umbrella only when you're at the highest point of your jump, if I recall correctly. (Haven't played a lot of KS in the last year and a half, so I'm quite rusty. Also, I sucked to begin with, lol. Still, I played a lot, a few years ago, and for a while I could manage some hard/very hard levels.)

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 15:53:53 »
And further the two tips already given, hold down the jump button once you've got the umbrella open (or just keep it held for the duration of the jump). I don't think it's very well explained in most levels, but IIRC it slows your descent even more than just opening the umbrella which will give you more range.

As a further disclaimer, though, I haven't played this particular level either :P

Edit: Downloaded and started the level to check and just came back to say that you can ignore what I wrote above.. between LPChip and Hmpf's tips the jump is reliably 'clearable'.

Very funny level, by the way. Kinda like one of those anime that poke fun at all the conventions of the format :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 16:03:59 by Widget »

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 17:44:58 »
and for a while I could manage some hard/very hard levels.)

Strange, some hard and very hard levels are easy for me but this...  :D

Anyway, thank you all! ;)
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran