Poll

Which fairy did you choose to speak for Mi?

Always Dora
2 (8.7%)
Always Cilia
7 (30.4%)
Mostly Dora
2 (8.7%)
Mostly Cilia
7 (30.4%)
Random choice
1 (4.3%)
Depends on the situation
4 (17.4%)
Other (detailed below)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Which fairy did you pick and why?

• 10 Replies

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
Which fairy did you pick and why?
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:29:10 »
I'm curious how you guys decided which fairy should represent Mi for any conversation, and how did you arrive at that choice.

Also, no matter what choices we made, we inevitably missed out on half of the story on first playthrough. How do you feel about this game mechanic?

And what was your solution? Were you intrigued enough to play the game again, opting for choices opposite the ones you made the first time? Or are you looking for walkthroughs to read the rest? Or are you content with knowing only half of the story?

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: Which fairy did you pick and why?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:48:30 »
Frankly I thought it would be rude of me to always favor one fairy over the other, so I switched them out depending on the situation.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:56:50 »
Cool! I did the same thing, but just for the sake of variety. So, when you say 'depending on the situation', what do you mean? Did you have a pattern for certain kinds of encounters?

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 03:15:08 »
Cool! I did the same thing, but just for the sake of variety. So, when you say 'depending on the situation', what do you mean? Did you have a pattern for certain kinds of encounters?

Well, I tended to use Dora when I was helping people with quests most of the time, and I used Cilia whenever I felt a character was being rude to me.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 03:39:16 »
Frankly I thought it would be rude of me to always favor one fairy over the other, so I switched them out depending on the situation.
Funny, I felt the same way :P
However I did favor Cilia when I didn't like someone, and Dora when I needed something :P
(ended up being mostly Cilia)

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 03:44:49 »
Mostly random. I'll definitely do a second play-through and pick the opposite fairies, but that won't happen soon.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:01:14 »
I haven't played all the way through yet (RL keeps getting underfoot) but I've been choosing Cilia every time. The only time I picked Dora was by accident; she drives me spare with her bottomless well of unjustified optimism and faith in people.

I'm sure it says more about me than the script, though  :P

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 09:59:51 »
Well, I tended to use Dora when I was helping people with quests most of the time, and I used Cilia whenever I felt a character was being rude to me.

I also did this.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 10:18:24 »
I haven't played all the way through yet (RL keeps getting underfoot) but I've been choosing Cilia every time. The only time I picked Dora was by accident; she drives me spare with her bottomless well of unjustified optimism and faith in people.

I'm almost the exact opposite! Dora did get annoying sometimes but I hated it when I was talking to someone nice and then Cilia would go off on them about something stupid. I really liked some of the characters and it was a bummer to have to deal with Cilia chewing them out all the time, so I pick Dora as much as I could.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 12:59:30 »
I talked with Nifflas a lot before the game came even to the testing phase, so I knew on beforehand that picking any of the conversations would not change the actual game.

For that reason, I always picked Cilia with the idea that I'd replay the game and chose Dora on the second run to get all the dialogs.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 06:14:53 »
I talked with Nifflas a lot before the game came even to the testing phase, so I knew on beforehand that picking any of the conversations would not change the actual game.

For that reason, I always picked Cilia with the idea that I'd replay the game and chose Dora on the second run to get all the dialogs.

I should have done this. I more or less randomly picked one depending on how I felt. Even without the exploration element, this game still provides some incentive for replays.