Stuck? (Here there be SPOILERS, obviously.)

• 43 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Stuck? (Here there be SPOILERS, obviously.)
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 01:24:36 »
Okay, so...

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

No. Thats how this quest goes.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 03:09:11 »
Spoiler: It continues... (click to show/hide)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 22:15:26 »
Okay. I'll just have to wait, then, I guess. :-)

Now, here's another problem - a weird one: I can't seem to take screenshots in KU anymore. At all. Which is inconvenient, because I need to post screenshots to ask about places where I'm stuck! Has anyone encountered this problem? What can I do to fix it?

What I get instead of a screenshot of the game is a screenshot of my desktop (which is behind the game, of course).

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 22:28:11 »
Are you playing full screen when taking the screenshot? If so, I recommend using a program like fraps to make the screenshots with. There are many. Or alternatively instead of using alt-printscreen, use just printscreen. It'll make a screenshot of your entire desktop so you can cut out the unnecessary bits.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 23:43:37 »
Are you playing full screen when taking the screenshot? If so, I recommend using a program like fraps to make the screenshots with. There are many. Or alternatively instead of using alt-printscreen, use just printscreen. It'll make a screenshot of your entire desktop so you can cut out the unnecessary bits.

Yeah, I've been playing fullscreen since the beginning. Wasn't even aware there was another option... And until recently taking screenshots worked just fine.

What do you mean by "just use printscreen"? Is there a special key on the keyboard for that? I don't think I have that on my laptop. Or is it one of the F keys or something like that?

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 10:53:00 »
There's a printscreen button on most keyboards. Could be left out on your laptop indeed if it has less keys, but most have it.

Its usually near the scroll lock and pause-break key. Or if you don't have those either, the insert, delete, home, end, page up and page down key.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 11:10:54 »
Some laptops put Print Screen as a secondary function of another key, so take a careful look at the key labels too. For example, on my laptop the Insert key has a tiny label "prt sc" underneath, and I have to press a certain 'fn' (function) key together with the Insert key to get Print Screen.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:13:13 by SiamJai »

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 15:56:55 »
I can't find any key for screenshots except the one I've been using all this time (which may be the one you're talking about anyway, I dunno). Anyway, I just tried again, for the umpteenth time, and again only got a screenshot of the desktop instead of the game. I don't really want to have to install an extra program to be able to do something that should be a normal Windows function... Does anybody have any idea what may be the problem here? I find this really strange. The only thing I can think of that I've changed about my system recently is that I deactivated Java. Is Java essential for taking screenshots in KU?

In other news: man, the underwater lab is nearly impossible. Everything there seems to be about making extremely high jumps under impossible circumstances. Wish I could post screenshots of a few of the places where I'm stuck...

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 16:14:16 »
Tried in windowed mode, got a white screen instead of the desktop, so I guess at least the screenshot function chose the right window this time, but somehow can't "see" what's in it. Help?

Anyway... I'll just have to ask my questions in a different way, then. Right:

There is an area to the right of the underwater lab where, as far as I can see, the only way to access the sought item, which is at the top of a long vertical shaft, is to do the KU equivalent of a triangle-jump-without-the-high-jump-powerup out from under a one-tile overhang (in KS parlance). Is this true, or am I overlooking some bouncy-ball option here? Is it even possible to do that triangle jump in KU?

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 16:38:22 »
Weird... Can you perhaps take a photo of your screen?

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 16:43:19 »
Can you perhaps take a photo of your screen?

(See discussion in the last five posts. My computer has stopped cooperating with me when it comes to taking screenshots in KU. Wish I knew why, and how to fix it.)

I've found the solution to that particular puzzle, now. There was a yellow powerup a few screens below. :D

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 16:50:49 »
I think what LPChip meant was an actual photo, with an external camera.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 16:54:18 »
I think what LPChip meant was an actual photo, with an external camera.

Oh yeah, good idea. Will do that the next time I get stuck. :-)

(Though the screenshot issue is still bugging me... I've googled it, to no avail.)

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 17:35:47 »
If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, try disabling the Aero theme, I've read that it causes these sorts of problems. (right-click somewhere on the Desktop and select Personalize from the menu).

Good luck! :)