Stuck? (Here there be SPOILERS, obviously.)

• 43 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Stuck? (Here there be SPOILERS, obviously.)
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 16:07:47 »
Today's problem: see below. I've managed to search all the areas indicated in red for secret passages. I can't imagine how to get up to that shaft's mouth with the powerups provided. I can't transport the yellow one to where I need it, and the blue ones only go sideways, which doesn't seem helpful for going upwards.

It's probably just me missing something really obvious again.
I don't know where that is exactly, but wouldn't it be possible

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: to be more precise (click to show/hide)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 16:26:27 »
Oh. Yeah, that should work. Damn, I really need to think harder in this game.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 22:13:52 »
Today's example of why I suck, I'm pretty sure, is not due to a failure to think, but rather a lack of ability at bouncy-ball physics. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there's something I've overlooked/haven't thought of? See image below. Red line indicates the highest arc I've been able to achieve with the bouncy ball. Obviously I need to go higher yet - I want to get to the passage at the top of the screen; I don't know how, though.

I've tried jumping at the long (rightside) incline from the little nook on the top left; I've tried jumping at it from the vertical leftside wall; I've tried jumping directly from the mouth of the tunnel on the left; I've even tried coming from the right, though that immediately seemed less promising, so I abandoned that approach (maybe I should have tried that longer?) By bouncing between the long incline and the vertical wall I can manage to go up higher and higher - up to a point, when the nook at the top of the vertical wall proves distinctly unhelpful, because it's right where I'd need another bit of wall to be to continue my bouncing.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 22:20:33 »
If I recall that correctly, you have to create a horizontal momentum from the screen on the left, then bounce to the small diagonal slope on the top to go down, bounce twice down to go up and on your way up go left a little bit so you can get into the ceiling corridor.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 22:23:19 »
The technique I used for such things was basically:

- Approach from the left, then jump and change into a ball
- Keep holding the right button, which helps you slowly move up the slope and gain some momentum
- When you feel you're high enough, quickly switch from the right to the left arrow key just after you've hit the slope.

If done correctly, this should launch you far enough, I think.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 22:36:50 »
This one was tricky. At first I tried and thought it's impossible and it's a way down. Then, when it became clear it's the only way I did it like this:
Start at the left-top corner.
Fall down as a ball.
Bounce off left slope.
Bounce off right slope. (hold Right key to bounce higher)

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 15:36:25 »
Hi there,

I'm stuck trying to reach Disorder Portal at 47,29. Double use of red glowing power-up is not enough to reach the upper part of 46,28 room (where a secret path to 47,28 should be)... I'm out of ideas :sick:

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 15:45:28 »
It actually is enough. Always use the ball power (and hold up) when you hit the ground and grab a new orb, and always use the orb at the highest point of each jump. You'll continue to gain height.

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 22:09:26 »
It actually is enough. Always use the ball power (and hold up) when you hit the ground and grab a new orb, and always use the orb at the highest point of each jump. You'll continue to gain height.
I can get a lot higher with your tips but it stops to gain height at the point where I almost can reach the platform on the right side. Have been trying for an hour or so and still no luck :|

Though I'm not sure what do you mean by saying "and hold up". I'm playing on PS VITA and it doesn't seem that up key on the D-pad has any effect.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 22:51:25 »
Hold the jump key, which makes you bounce, so you bounce as high as possible with the ball before you transform and perform the powerup jump.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 00:56:04 »
... and when you think you've reached max height, 'steer' to the right slightly at the end. It'll be just enough to get there.

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2013, 08:44:13 »
Nevermind, I reached it. My method to jump up and down until I reach maximum height didn't work though. I checked some guy's gameplay on YouTube and used his method, where he jumps from the left side instead of bouncing up and down. Somehow it worked even though you are falling from smaller height.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 00:17:53 »
I'm still stuck in so, so many places... some of the worst of which for some reason aren't "screencap-able"?!?

Anyway... for now, here's a question that works without a screenshot: I just got the "Herr Igitt" mushroom, but when I try to give it to Ji he/she/it just asks me if I found any mushrooms. There doesn't seem to be any way to give the mushroom away... (Maybe KU is taking "Don't Eat the Mushroom" too seriously?)

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 03:14:16 »
LOL, that's a funny take on it!  X) The likely explanation is less imaginative though.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 00:47:47 »
Okay, so...

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)