Stuck? (Here there be SPOILERS, obviously.)

• 43 Replies

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Stuck? (Here there be SPOILERS, obviously.)
« on: January 07, 2013, 00:41:18 »
I'm stuck in a couple of places, and wondering if it's just me trying something the wrong way, or me being too slow, or the game wanting me to do something else first. Just so I don't keep trying futile things a million times, maybe someone can tell me if I'm doing something fundamentally wrong/too slow, or if I should come back later?

First example: see attached image. Should I be able to get all the way through that screen, and halfway through the one above it, with the green flower? Because no matter how hard I try, I can only get to the top edge of that screen before the flower's power (ha: flower power!) expires. But the next screen seems to require the same power.

Re: Stuck? (Here there be SPOILERS, obviously.)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 00:55:19 »
Three things to remember: You can pick up a powerup while you are a ball, you can also pick one up while you are a floating energy thing, and you are under no obligation to use a powerup the moment you pick it up. I can't remember that exact screen, but it looks like you could go about it one of several ways.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 02:46:08 »
You might be able to make it if you take the power-up, fly as far upwards as you can, transform into a ball, land on the power-up to get it again, and bounce back up to the top of the screen?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 14:22:31 »
And you can climb walls while holding the powerup, just make sure the powerup doesn't run out before using it to maximize the usage time and thus going the farthest possible.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 23:34:23 »
@sergiocornaga: I'm going to have to try that, that sounds just about possible.

@LPChip: But how would climbing the walls help here?

@TheDarkNerd: I have to use the powerup quickly because it expires too soon as it is!

Aaaanyway. Kinda given up on this one for now, though I'll try it again some other day. Today I ran to another part of the map and, predictably, got stuck there. See attached picture... How am I supposed to get to the other side of that hanging spur? My theory is I should let myself fall down from it and transform into a ball on the way down, and then bounce back up and re-transform to a sprite and cling to the wall there. But no matter what I do, the ball doesn't bounce high enough. (And I need to do all this with enough time to spare to use the powerup on the robot once I'm on the other side, of course.)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 00:04:47 »
Just remember to not fall from a too low point and hold Up when you touch the ground.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 00:56:24 »
Just remember to not fall from a too low point and hold Up when you touch the ground.

Thanks! Will try...

BTW, just accidentally ran into the screen from the previous post again, and this time managed to get it right. :)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 17:37:42 »
I continue to kind of suck at this but am enjoying it all the same. Here's today's problem: how do I get to the top of the screen? My guess is I have to let myself - in bouncy ball form - fall on the tilted surface I indicated in red, and it will bounce me up far enough somehow. However, this remains firmly within the realm of theory, so far - all attempts to actually achieve this have so far been in vain. Am I thinking in the wrong direction? Or is it just me sucking at bouncy ball physics yet again?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 18:34:34 »
I think this is one of those one direction places, where you can only come from the top, and have to go around.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 18:56:21 »
Actually, there should be a hidden path to the right, this will make more sense if you find that.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 20:54:39 »
Actually, there should be a hidden path to the right, this will make more sense if you find that.

I know about that passage actually - but couldn't  find any way from there up, if I recall correctly. Hmmmmmmm.....

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 21:36:49 »
Oh? But that passage is the key to getting up.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 23:00:16 »
On revisiting said area:

Duh.

:D

(I think I had that passage mixed up with another somewhere else, that didn't contain a powerup.)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 15:48:07 »
Today's problem: see below. I've managed to search all the areas indicated in red for secret passages. I can't imagine how to get up to that shaft's mouth with the powerups provided. I can't transport the yellow one to where I need it, and the blue ones only go sideways, which doesn't seem helpful for going upwards.

It's probably just me missing something really obvious again.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 15:56:44 »
I don't know where that is exactly, but wouldn't it be possible

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 16:05:17 by SiamJai »