What's Your Favorite Area?

• 8 Replies
What's Your Favorite Area?
« on: January 05, 2013, 19:25:03 »
I saw a thread about favorite music and I was wondering about peoples favorite areas of the game! They're all pretty distinct and interesting so I wanted to hear peoples opinions on them. So, what's your favorite area and why?

I think my favorite area is the Shadowlands. I really like how it was updated to be less frustrating (the little clues about the smashing blocks) it made it so dying was less upsetting and more amusing. The music makes me just the right amount of nostalgic, so that's great too. Also finding all of the little paths is a lot of fun, I always like searching for secret passages and this area is chock full of them!

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
Re: What's Your Favorite Area?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 07:57:41 »
I don't like shadowlands for some reason. I think it was just too similar to the shadowlands in WADF, which drove me insane. My favorite area is the two screens near Ji, the tailed fellow who was fed wangleflower by his girlfriend. It reminded me of Dragonnoir, my favorite environment in Saira. :)

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 23:12:50 »
I haven't seen everything yet, but of the places I've been I'd have to say the underwater lab is my favorite. Second favorite might be the industrial area underneath.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:51:41 »
Oh yes, the famous— err, infamous— laboratory of Dr. Cliché.
I'm a little embarrassed to say that the WADF music remix for that area actually brought a tear to my eye.
I only wish there was a secret that let me see the bomb chamber... :(

Offline D Fast

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 12:05:15 »
Oh yes, the famous— err, infamous— laboratory of Dr. Cliché.
I'm a little embarrassed to say that the WADF music remix for that area actually brought a tear to my eye.

Aww... Tear of joy I hope :D

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 01:33:08 »
I don't have anywhere specific.

My choice would be all the inhabited areas- I love the atmosphere above all, don't get me wrong, but the massive map and vast solitude doesn't bode well for me here, for once. I dislike it.

I think, once you get used to all the great personalities and dialogue, when you become distant from it, you feel lonely...

Wow, and there's your result in making a great game, Nifflas, I think you've done yourself well here.

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 22:22:55 »
Gotta go with that hidden secret area below the map. The one with D Fast's music playing and how peaceful it is. The music coupled with the lush green backgrounds? Can't get much better than that. Also talking about the secret area that you have to go through the huge long maze of passages to get to drop down into.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 23:34:57 »
I really like the blue, Buddhist temple-like environment. It has really eerie music and just feels more spacey than anywhere else underground.
Weird, because usually I prefer labyrinthic environments in Knytt games. Huh.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 22:31:34 »
My favorite place is the one with the lava flowers (the location used for my avatar), the environment is so beautiful, and the music just suits it so well. My other favorites are the Labyrinth area on the lower left part of the map; the place where you find Niles; and the Ljus area. :D