Your Favorite Music in Knytt Underground?

• 20 Replies
Your Favorite Music in Knytt Underground?
« on: January 04, 2013, 22:32:48 »
If you go to Nifflas>Knytt Underground>World>Music you find the music used in Knytt Underground.
Some of these pieces I don't think I've managed to hear in the game yet!

Some of my favorites are "Underwater Lab" and "Scales of Zordium".
(probably because I played Within a Deep Forest :))

I'm curious, what do other people like?

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Music in Knytt Underground?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 23:00:10 »
I have a special fondness for the tunes that from Within a Deep Forest, too. First time they came up it was quite nostalgic, I must say.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 00:55:17 »
Yeah, they are indeed great pieces of music. Although I do like the original ones better than the ones in this game, due to the fact that they sort of flow out of that awesome music fibe and back in. I can listen to the underwater lab from WaDF for hours on end, so yeah.... but indeed those are really good tunes.

Most are not really tunes but more sort of ambiences. I love the ambience from the church area, with the congos. Really mysterious feel yet at the same time just awesome to listen to.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 02:23:36 »
My favorite is also "Underwater Lab" and I like it more than original.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 03:53:23 »
My favorite is "We're Together Here and Now" - this is the peaceful tune that plays in that large colorful forest area near the beginning of Ch.3 (first song in the Together folder).

Another tune I sometimes put on loop to listen to is the music in the last bell room (Music for Great Artifacts, last song).

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 06:27:34 »
Track names are in bold in case you don't want to read me rambling!

I'm really fond of D Fast's contributions to Knytt Underground, I feel they're some of the best songs he's made. The new versions of Scales of Zordium and Underwater Lab Tune are fantastic, while Vanishing is my favourite new original piece.

The dance music tunes like Robotic Dance Party and Dub Dictator are a lot of fun to listen to. Some of the Figure Space loops are also quite enjoyable (though a few are weird and vaguely horrible). Mofa Dabusu is fantastically scary. And Jejobo Redy has resided in my head since spending two days stuck on the challenge where it plays. In order to keep myself sane while dying repeatedly in that area, I also whistled variations over the top of the tune, so it may have depth for me that it doesn't for others. Still, I was really happy to hear a remixed version in another area.

Ljus has very nice music, though something about it gets on my nerves in a way I can't articulate. It reminds me a lot of Kraid's Theme, mostly because of the first couple of notes.

But ultimately, I think my favourite song is Having Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun!

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 23:32:22 »
Nifflas with Ride The Train to Denmark. Mainly because hearing the tune gave me a reason to explore before actually completing the game as I heard that before even a beta was released that contained the full game. Also, not sure on the actual title as I don't have the game with me, but I at least remember part of the title, I wish you to exist to me is one song I always hear and get sort of teary-eyed from it. Also, I quite like how when you start the first chapter, you are greeted with the original version of the DFast tune North & South and not the Knytt Stories version. I always have liked that version better, though the weird Jam version which is not included is nice as well. So much good music in this game, I sometimes feel that my music wouldn't have been up to par with it!
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 03:07:14 »
It is not really my favorite, but when I heard the new version of North & South from D Fast at the beginning of the game, I was like  O_o  C)p  :) (memories...)

Offline D Fast

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 12:03:31 »
Pretty crazy to hear people getting nostalgic over the music. Glad you like it!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 12:09:51 »
Pretty crazy to hear people getting nostalgic over the music. Glad you like it!

Its your fault. You make good music! :nuts:
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 17:55:22 »
My favourite song, at least of what I have found in the main game, is Glitch Beauty, from the crystalline caves in Chapter 3.

I also very much liked both versions of 'Having Fun Fun Fun'. (plays in the dream interlude)
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 10:02:19 »
My favorite is "We're Together Here and Now" - this is the peaceful tune that plays in that large colorful forest area near the beginning of Ch.3 (first song in the Together folder).

Another tune I sometimes put on loop to listen to is the music in the last bell room (Music for Great Artifacts, last song).

Wow, thanks! I'm glad you liked that one. It was a great honor to be able to contribute a couple of tracks for KU. :)

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 11:04:57 »
Oh, so it's from you! Aaawesome! C)

Your nifty tunes on soundcloud are also a pleasure to listen to, and I wonder: do you plan updating it with some more recent stuff as well?

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 13:12:30 »
Oh, so it's from you! Aaawesome! C)

Your nifty tunes on soundcloud are also a pleasure to listen to, and I wonder: do you plan updating it with some more recent stuff as well?

Thank you! :)

Yeah, I'm actually going to update my portfolio site with a lot more content very soon now, just have Nordic Game Jam in Copenhagen to go to first. :P The new site will have various SoundCloud "albums" with different styles of music I've made, so stay tuned! It'll appear over at www.fredrikhathen.com hopefully in a week or so!

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 09:53:00 »
Have I commented here yet? No? Well okay then.

Like most people I love D Fast's stuff. I also enjoy "Sugar Wires" because it reminds me of Zepsi Industries. "Mattebos Mandolin" (the one that plays at Cilia's parents' house) is another favorite. Finally, I hold a special place in my heart for the spooky whistling kettle of "Something's Out There". It never ceases to terrify me.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.