PS3 or PC?

• 5 Replies
PS3 or PC?
« on: January 03, 2013, 18:46:13 »
So I've been looking at the forums and saw that no one has really addressed the differences in the platforms. I remember before the release there was talk about the PS3 getting extra content but I can't find any mention of that now. So is that still the case? I'd buy it on the PS3 regardless, but I heard that the controls are pretty buggy right now. They'll probably get patched soon but I'd like to play the game sooner rather than later.
Any advice?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: PS3 or PC?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 20:05:17 »
Its a tough call actually.

The PS version has content the PC version doesn't, but the PC version has content the PS version doesn't too. The PC version plays smoother, but the PS version may do too when the update comes.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline MJongo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 21:01:26 »
I have both, but at the moment I greatly prefer the PC version.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 23:50:53 »
Nifflas was much more closely related to the development of the PC version, so even if I had a PS3 I would easily pick PC.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 01:27:05 »
Only very small differences, but as I can currently remember in posting this, the PS3 version has:

- Weaker effects (water, electricity, etc.)
- Tougher control due to ergonomically inferior default controller on Sony's behalf
- Hidden mini story in the credits, which lasts about 2 minutes  :sadface:
- Insanely eery and disturbing background music for the 'Disorder' brings about fear and creates a different, more immersive atmosphere. If you've ever played Metroid Prime 2, think Dark Aether. That scary.
- Minute programming differences, such an example being a 'double jump' execution from transforming back into sprite form. Other examples clearly forgotten.
- No options. Evident in almost all PC/Console-shared (multi-platform) games and one of the most agitating things ever to do to a player. Seriously.
- Cloud storage for save data (So you can download your save data onto another PS3, so long as you are using your PSN account, and have the game itself on that different console).

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 10:29:40 »
In my opinion, definitely the desktop version, it's the one where everything work as I intended. Remember that you get it for free if you have the PS3/Vita version.