Help with downloading user made levels

• 3 Replies
Help with downloading user made levels
« on: April 11, 2009, 04:13:49 »
I recently started playing this game, and I love it. However, I haven't been able to access any of the user created levels.
Ya see, when I downloaded the official levels/level packs, they sorted themselves into my Knytt stories folder, which is awesome. However, when I try to download the user levels, I download the level all fine and good, but... after it's done downloading, a pop-up appears saying I don't have the neccesary software to play it or something like that. Do I need to download something, or what? Please help, I really want to try out some of these levels~!

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Help with downloading user made levels
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 04:57:03 »
Are you trying to actually open the .knytt.bin files? To install a level, you have to open Knytt Stories, then click the "Install Level" button, then drag the .knytt.bin file over the Knytt Stories window (or use the browse button to locate the .knytt.bin file) to install the level.
good bye

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 05:08:21 »
Oh... nevermind. I think I might have been trying to download broken levels, can you actually download Don't Eat the Mushroom anymore?

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 07:19:50 »
DEtM is still on the archive at the moment, and probably will be until the archive upgrade. Make sure the size of the downloaded file matches the size shown on the KnyttLevels page (in this case, 7.71MB); if you try to install a half-downloaded level, it won't work. (This can happen if the connection abruptly breaks off partway through downloading.)
good bye