Competition prizes?

• 4 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Competition prizes?
« on: January 03, 2013, 16:39:48 »
We're preparing for a Knytt Underground press push and would like to run some kind of competition. Though we have a pretty good idea of a quite fun competition, we're still trying to decide on what good prices would be.

It should probably be something related to Knytt Underground, more than that I don't know. What do you think are good prizes?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 22:17:35 by Nifflas »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Competition prizes?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 18:02:28 »
If it can be any form of material, mousemats/t-shirts/etc that kind of thing will work well.

If it has to be more civilised, maybe some HQ posters from great screenshots of KU would work.

It could include some s/n for the game, but it depends on what the competition is. If the competition for example uses KU then that would make no sense.

You could always put your older games in the prices, such as Saira and NightSky.

If the press is about a magazine, it could be either a subscription to that magazine or some issues.

There are more ideas, but this is what I can come up with this soon.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Haploid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 18:57:47 »
Maybe a mention or a character named after the winner(s) in some future "DLC" or the next game.

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:40:00 »
Plushies? (A Mi which you can turn inside out to form Bob? X))
Or possibly:
Spoiler: 'Epsilon toys' (click to show/hide)
You should be able to find 3D printing services or others which should be able to do things like that for moderate prices.
(One I've heard of is Shapeways, could even make full 3D figurines and such)
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:59:22 »
Here are my mostly infeasible suggestions:

• Copies of the game, obviously.
  • Vitas and/or PS3 consoles with the game preloaded (expensive)!
  • Instructions on how to get to one of the game's most secret areas (preferably delivered by moth).
  • Winners could request a secret to be created and patched into the game.
  • A complete collection of Nifflas games, including commercial, old and abandoned projects.
  • 'Beta test' Nifflas' next game!
  • One of those Knytt or Knytt Stories t-shirts, or perhaps a new design by Sara Sandberg for Knytt Underground.
  • A relevant drawing or print by Sara Sandberg.
  • Dora and Cilia plushies.
  • Dora and Cilia earrings!
  • The actual bones used for the game's bone graphics (I still have them for some reason).
  • A download of the game's soundtrack.
  • A physical copy of the Knytt Underground soundtrack? Now we're getting really ambitious since this would require multiple discs, packaging... oh my.
  • A bootleg Dub Dictator live CD (that's a bit more plausible).
  • While I'm suggesting all these CDs, I noticed Saira's soundtrack fits on one disc... hey, aren't CDs obsolete anyway?
  • A clump of Nifflas' beard.