[Challenge, normal/hard] Pointless

• 22 Replies

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
[Challenge, normal/hard] Pointless
« on: December 27, 2012, 19:02:27 »
This is one of first levels I've ever made and it was never planned to be released. My brother accidentally found it on his computer (which used to be mine), replayed it and told me it is not so bad. So I've made several changes (there was no ending and it was full of green chompers and grey spiky earth beings - but I left there some). It is in the level archive now.
To make it more atractive, here are some screenshots:

Edit: New version.
Newer version.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 21:27:11 by Polana »

Re: [Challenge, normal] Pointless
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 20:41:56 »
For those of you who don't want to search through the entire archive, assuming that you read this in 2014 and this isn't on top of the list anymore, and Ctrl + F doesn't exist anymore: Here it is.

Aaaaanyways, here is a list of things i liked:

• The fact that you just didn't give a sh... erm, that you didn't care about the story. The thing we got instead is not really original, but somehow still funny.
  • The level design was pretty good for something made entirely out of boredom. I'd like to see one where you actually tried.
  • You used a cloud tileset as a marble ceiling. Rather creative and saves a bit of time and effort, and just goes to show how much you can actually do with the tilesets that you get with the game.
  • And last but not least...

...erm, actually, that's it.

It can very well be considered a bit above average. It lacks length, original tilesets and a story, but aside from the fact that those are all overrated, the game makes up for it. By having MARBLE CEILINGS. I hope you get bored a lot more often.

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 17:19:39 »
It reminds me the small version of Many Islands. 8)
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 22:19:08 »
I like it. It looks good, and the difficulty is just right for the casual feel.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 13:07:17 »
Thanks everyone, especially to Straight flame for making url to archive (I would do it myself, but my browser did not show me exact address of my level in archive).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 17:23:08 by Polana »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 00:14:35 »
I knew I'd typed out a guide to doing that somewhere around here...

Edited for your level, then;
Download Pointless
Code: [Select]
[url=http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Polana%20-%20Pointless.knytt.bin]Download Pointless[/url]
For future reference, you right-click on the Download link and choose 'Copy Shortcut' (in I.E.) or 'Copy Link Location' (in Firefox). That will copy the URL of the file to your clipboard from where you can Paste it into your post. You can use the syntax I gave you above to make it neat and tidy, though the forum will automatically display a full URL as a hyperlink.
i.e. http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Polana%20-%20Pointless.knytt.bin

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 12:25:39 »
Thank you. It deserves a star. :hiddenstar:

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 16:58:44 »
Looks good, I'll add it to my things to play list.  A toddler, new born, and too many other projects have prevented me from playing games lately.  DX

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 18:59:32 »
This was pretty good! A little hard for Normal, I think, but the difficulty was still manageable.

Offline MasterF

• Niflls pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 17:45:41 »
Played,liked.I have one question.Can I get the 3 keys,because I found an inviso-passage that requires them.
You should make another little challenge level.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 18:05:42 »
Yes, keys are hidden (and not very well, I thought - probably you did not go everywhere you can).
Spoiler: Where are the keys: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 18:12:18 by Polana »

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 08:52:29 »
This was a nice little level! It was fun to sit down and play for a few minutes. It also has some replay value because of the secrets, which were very nice. I really enjoyed the secret ending too!

I don't really get the complaints about it being too challenging either. It had just enough enemies and things so one couldn't just rush through without appreciating the scenery. The only time I died was from one of the little spikey creatures but it made me laugh. It made the level more fun in a way.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 17:01:12 »
Thanks
Originally there were lots of them, but I decided to put them away, because they turned m level to something annoying.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 18:22:48 »
Haven't finished this yet, but I have to say I really love the area at the beginning - so green and positively teeming with life! Lovely use of layering, too.

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 16:10:37 »
Me finded an swimwall!

It am beacuase this blocktile: