[Normal/Misc/Exploration][KS+] Advena

• 80 Replies

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
Re: [Normal/Misc/Exploration][KS+] Advena
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 12:55:01 »
Well I'll star you for that anyway, which should bring you up to 10... a very important number of stars around here, so take a look around.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 03:06:40 »
Hello friends. It's time for an update! :D

Screen count is up to ~285 unique screens. Just started work on the 24th tileset for the level. Also, this level will not be as story-heavy as I initially planned/wanted. It's just not going to be feasible. What this means is that the main story (Juni finding her way home) will remain intact but there won't be as many secret, story-type endings. There will be still be multiple endings to find and multiple paths to explore, just not the same as originally intended. One last note, still semi-hiatus status on this. I don't often have time to work on this project but when I do I usually can for an hour or two. So progress continues, just slowly. Thanks for all the support, everyone. I'll do my best to finish this (eventually). :)

Oh, almost forgot! New screenshots! Please enjoy.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 13:05:49 »
Second and third ones are amazing. However, the first screenshot misses something, maybe some more plants in the background if it's meant to be forest.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2013, 07:33:10 »
Quick little update/teaser thing here. ;) This is what I've been working on most recently.

Note: this is not an actual SS from the level. 'Tis merely a test room.

Even before I switched to using KS+ I wanted to have some places where you could explore through water (or even underwater maybe  :shifty:). It was just hella hard before KS+. Even with KS+ it took some work but I've finally got it sorted! Got my mechanics worked out the way I want including a neat little splash sound thanks to triggers. :)

Progress continues. Will have some new screenies on the next update.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 15:08:42 »
I'm interested to see how you used Triggers to make a splash sound. Looking forward to the level.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2013, 06:50:31 »
Okay, I suspect this will be the last update for a while. Who knows.

We're up to 381 unique screens and 31 tilesets. Progress continues, albeit slowly. At this rate it'll be a few months still. :/

Anyway here's a couple more screen shots. Oh and if you think I'm posting too many screenshots and ruining things, you're wrong. This level will be huge. Not to mention there are several areas that won't have SS. ;)

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2013, 11:35:31 »
As I had written somewhere before, for me, there is nothing like too many screenshots. I am looking forward to it more and more, because these screenshots are more and more promising. Keep working on it !

Offline MasterF

• Niflls pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 14:49:04 »
First of all-seems beautiful,can't wait for updates.
My question is,how many screens do you plan on having?

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2013, 00:48:38 »
(Guess I was wrong about a delay in updates X))

There's no specific number of screens planned. I suspect it will be approximately 1000-1200 unique screens. It depends on a few things I won't know until the project is closer to completion (e.g. playable credits similar to my first level).

Since the last update I've added many new screens and have lost count. I estimate the current total to be about 500 so it may or may not be half finished as far as screen count goes. I don't think I'll be giving exact numbers for future updates. There are 33.5* unique tilesets so far with a few more planned. Most power-ups are placed (no keys yet) so we're definitely getting closer and closer. I try to do a little every day even if it's only adding or editing a screen or two. Still no estimation for a completion date but all your support and encouragement is really helping! C)

Expect some fresh screenshots and more progress on the next update (which may or may not be delayed).

*Fubaka made a set of wonderful tilesets for me but it's actually one theme over two tilesets so I don't count it as a full one.

Offline juhj

• This happens when I can't finish a level D:
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2013, 14:23:37 »
Do you need beta testers?
image removed, became invalid
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 22:00:21 »
Hello! I'm pleased to report lots of progress! :D

I've gone back and edited/improved old screens, made some new tilesets, added many new screens (probably close to 600 unique screens now), and added the finishing touches on some important secrets. Also, there will now be 3 sets of artefacts to find in the level. They are "Juni trophies" modelled after our favourite heroine. ;) All power-ups are placed now. Just gotta work on finishing the map (including making more tilesets), adding secrets and more optional challenges, placing keys, etc. Lots and lots of work going on!I hope you guys are as excited as I am! Hard to believe it's been almost a year since I started this project. If I can keep up this great pace I suspect we may see a release before 2014. Time will tell.

Please enjoy these new screenshots.

Do you need beta testers?

We're still pretty far from that stage but I'll keep you in mind. :)

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2013, 22:22:06 »
I like the 2nd screenshot more, but you have great trees on both ones.