Secrets, and some questions (map related) [Spoilers!]

• 6 Replies
Secrets, and some questions (map related) [Spoilers!]
« on: December 26, 2012, 21:43:01 »
Okay, so I've got a few questions.

First, I'm playing on my Mac, and I've noticed a conspicuous lack of a coordinate system in my game. Why does the PS3 version get a coordinate system while the Mac/PC version does not? It certainly makes it difficult to discuss map areas without it.

Second, I keep hearing people talk about a secret area located at
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
but I just can't seem to find it. I've found other secret areas nearby, but nothing that completely match the description I've seen online. More specifically,
The closest thing I've found is a a secret room located at what I believe is
Is it possible this mystery room people are talking about is PS3 only?

Third, here is a picture of my completed map. If you don't want the exploration spoiled for you, don't click! I'm hoping that people can point out secret areas on the map that I may have missed. Also, if someone is feeling generous (and is proficient with photoshop), maybe we can start editing the map to show the different secrets people have found?

The Map:

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: Secrets, and some questions (map related) [Spoilers!]
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 23:04:51 »
Yes, it's unfortunate that coordinates aren't displayed. According to the map you've already been in that secret area.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 00:05:19 »
Yes, it's unfortunate that coordinates aren't displayed. According to the map you've already been in that secret area.

Oh really? Weirdness... If you want, I can give you some hints on how to get into the area to the right of "The Figure."

*EDIT* - I figured it out. Power of posting I guess... haha :)

I've attached a couple images of The Figure below, to clarify that we're talking about the same place. If it is indeed the same place, I'd love some tips on how to get through the first room, because I certainly couldn't figure it out!

The Figure?

How on Earth?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 00:12:37 by TheManOTheHour »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 00:13:38 »
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 00:15:14 by Nifflas »

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 00:17:42 »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 01:18:19 »
Pneumonica, you're on PS, right? The trick doesn't seem possible on PC.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 02:38:27 »
I've noticed a conspicuous lack of a coordinate system in my game. Why does the PS3 version get a coordinate system while the Mac/PC version does not? It certainly makes it difficult to discuss map areas without it.

I was wondering about the same thing too, as soon as I found out that the PS-version comes with a map coordinate display.

On a PC, I did make a little external app that reads off and displays current map coordinates, but it needs to be more user-friendly before it can be posted here. Looks like this could be a neat community project for testers/programmers, unless Nifflas has any plans to update the PC/Mac version with the feature. ;)

Also, if someone is feeling generous (and is proficient with photoshop), maybe we can start editing the map to show the different secrets people have found?

Yep, this could be fun! Even more so, because...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:56:54 by SiamJai »