Getting teleported

• 7 Replies
Getting teleported
« on: December 24, 2012, 22:59:08 »
I just bought the game, and so far, it's amazing!

In one place in Chapter 2 I tried to go up to the next screen even though the map said there was no route up. I did manage to get up but I was just teleported back to the bottom of that screen. If the map says you can't go a certain way, will this always happen if you manage to go that way? Knowing this would save a lot of time while searching for secrets!  :) Thanks.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Getting teleported
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 23:10:13 »
Yeah, I didn't intend for it to be possible to go that way, so the game won't let you.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 23:33:31 »
Basically: normally if you would, it would break the game and you might end up inside a wall. So instead, the game teleports you to the other side of the screen.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 23:57:37 »
Next update will have an invisible wall instead of a teleport to the other side.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 04:04:09 »
If the map says you can't go a certain way, will this always happen if you manage to go that way?

In that particular case, yes (see above), but there are tons of places where 'solid' map walls hide passable secret passages. Once you find such a passage in the gameworld, that map wall will also have a small hole to indicate that passage. So, I'd suggest trying against solid walls in every direction - you never know what you'll find! ;)

(Another thing that can change a 'solid' map wall is an earthquake event. The resulting hole in the map wall is going to be slightly wider than the secret passage hole.)

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 08:20:35 »
Okay, good to know! Thanks.

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 01:24:57 »
It's a similar bug, so I figured I'd post here rather than create a new thread. :P
It is possible to get stuck in the intermission, like so:

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 02:08:27 »
Wow! Crazy find :)