• View Profile
Re: Let's play? Selling out? Sure!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 01:57:35 »
Loving this, very humorous. :)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 23:16:02 »
Slightly slow in posting, but part 8 is now up! Part 10 will require some.. tweaking/speeding up for various Morse code-related reasons before I upload that.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 11:34:28 »
Hey Alan, how are things going? Haven't heard for over a month on this. Too bad, as this is a great series.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 05:42:10 »
Well, it certainly has been a long time! I'll spoiler an explanation (including technical details! Hooray!) of what went wrong here if you care to read it. If not, just continue on..

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Basically, I am going to resume to let's play, hopefully having some parts up within a week. I'm also going to be doing The Great Work, since that is yet another game I've wanted to play since I first heard of it.

Also, I fixed the thumbnails in the first post! Blame that on me switching VPS providers and completely forgetting I had them stored there.. my bad!

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 09:05:38 »
Out of curiosity, have you already tried some undelete software to recover your data? I know it's a longshot, but you never know.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 23:05:50 »
Out of curiosity, have you already tried some undelete software to recover your data? I know it's a longshot, but you never know.

Not a bad suggestion, but I've defragged so many times since that I suspect every sector of the drive will have had something new in at at some point by now! Everything of real value was kept on another drive though, luckily.. except any game saves, which I did attempt to recover unsuccessfully.

That's alright, though. I actually realised (halfway through chapter 1) that I can just resume playing at chapter 3 without having completed chapters 1 and 2.. colour me embarrassed.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 07:24:02 »
Hooray, part 10 is now up! I'm now beginning to realise how absolutely massive chapter 3 is.. I know I'm late in realising, but still!

Online Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 07:40:29 »
Finally caught up on this! Started over again from the beginning. One of the most enjoyable LPs I've watched in a while. You need to update soon, Alan! I guess I'll have to start re-watching Saira or The Great Work in the mean time. X)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 03:50:11 »
Tomorrow will be my last time resuming this series, because I'm not letting it drop again! I made the mistake of having too many different things going on, and that just leads to outright confusion. So, now I only have the new Spelunky, an occasional miscellaneous video, and continuing Knytt Underground (for the second time) starting tomorrow.

Hooray!

Speaking of Saira, I'm actually thinking of re-doing that for quality purposes, but then there would be no fresh reactions, so I don't know whether to or not. Any thoughts on that?

Edit: New part uploaded, finally! Should regularly be a part every day or two from here on out.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 00:07:42 by Alan »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 23:01:16 »
Another double post, but having completed all of the bells, I'm now onto finding all of the secrets I can.

I have the
complete... mostly. Let me know if I missed anything there though, because I don't want to let anything slip!

I do recall someone saying I missed some things in the interlude, so I'll be exploring that next!