Knytt Underground is now released on WiiU

• 13 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Knytt Underground is now released on WiiU
« on: December 19, 2013, 17:03:59 »
It's finally out! Also, it's ported by Mathias who made the Windows/Mac/Linux version, so it's a realy good port that runs exactly the way I intended. \o/

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Knytt Underground is now released on WiiU
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 18:59:28 »
Cool! :) Awesome. Yay. Nice. XD
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:04:59 »
Just came here to say I absolutely love Knytt Underground on Wii U. Saw it on the Nintendo Direct a while back & instantly knew I had to have it, whatever it was. Now I've finally bought it I see it's a brilliant, brilliant game. The atmosphere is absolutely wonderful, I really love the music & how it compliments the art style & vice versa. I've only just started but I can see myself playing (& replaying) this game for a long time to come. Thank you Nifflas C)p

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 13:03:21 »
There's just one thing you should know before replaying. The game has lots and lots of secrets! That along makes this game have a really long replay value.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 13:45:58 by LPChip »

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 18:26:03 »
Thank you, I'm super happy to hear this. While we're on the topic, for some reason Wii U reviews and feedback has been particularly positive, even though the game is the same as on desktop. The console seems to be a very good fit for the game for some reason.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 19:16:15 »
I think this is also due to the fact that the Wii U is relatively new and there aren't many good games for it yet.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 21:55:06 »
It could also be that Mathias has made a more competent porting job for the game than Green Hill :)  I don't really know, though.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Mathias

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 12:45:54 »
I just think (a good port of) Knytt Underground feels better on a console, especially a Nintendo one.
But yeah, I'm happy to see the good reviews!

Offline icaro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 00:22:29 »
Hi,

I bought the game this evening for Wii U. It looks and sounds good, and gameplay is very interesting but.....I HAVE A BIG TROUBLE WITH IT.

The game seems to share the saves bettewen two diferent profiles, and this not allow to progress for two users (each one with their own profile).

Multi-save in diferent slot (like in Marios) seems to not be an option.....

Then: we cant play the game and progress each one with their own save?

I hope you can give my any solution for this issue, cause is very dissapointing....

Thanks

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 01:56:41 »
Oh? I didn't know this. Even though I tested the game a lot on a devkit, I actually never considered the multiple-profile thing. Sorry about this. I'll look into this.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 18:50:40 »
I'm finding (compared to Keyboard and PS3 controller) that the Wii U gamepad is offering easily the best for control, ergonomically.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 06:55:54 »
I'm thinking of finally doing it – "renting" a Wii U just to finally replay this game on a console (with controls as good as a PC).

By "renting," in quotes, I really mean buying a Wii U, playing the game on it, and then selling it later,  since I can't think of any other games I want to play on it, and I already have a PS3 and PS4.

It seems there are different Wii U's out there, at much different price points. I see one for about $250, and another for well over $500.

Are there any particular system requirements for playing this game, or will any Wii U do the trick?

Thanks.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 10:12:08 »
Any Wii U will do. The price difference is probably a special edition (different colors/formfactor) vs more storage space.

A game compatible with Wii U will work on any Wii U.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 14:36:31 »
I'm thinking of finally doing it – "renting" a Wii U just to finally replay this game on a console (with controls as good as a PC).

If you do end up doing this, consider trying Affordable Space Adventures too... and preferably finish it before November 7th, for reasons I won't get into.