Suggestions

• 4 Replies
Suggestions
« on: December 24, 2012, 03:05:29 »
Since it may be possible for you to push updates, might I suggest a way of identifying/sorting useful spots on the map, for instance identifying which quest ends at what spot, or the ability to do things like pinpoint where the pixie village is (for depositing wayward pixies).  While you can identify "quest spots," "item spots," etc., the game is rather limited in being able to lett one from the other on the map.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 13:35:59 »
I've actually brought this up during the early alphas, and after a long consideration of Nifflas he told me that it was pretty hard to pull this off due to how the game works. Quests are shown on the map, and the active quest shows with a blue color on the map too. When you start another quest while the current quest is active, the places change to i's. So you can always go to the i's and collect the items. Once a quest has its items but you didn't yet go back to deliver them, those locations change to a ?. This allows you to basically play all quests through eachother and still be able to finish them properly. Only the story itself is a bit harder to follow, but if you have 3 quests at the same time open, that should not be a problem. Most of the quests are not story heavy driven, and those that are, you probably do them right away.

As for move quickly through the map, there's something in the game that will allow you to travel quicker. Since the game itself will tell you about it once you discover some rooms and I'm not sure if you already have, its a bit of a spoiler to mention what it exactly is. If this all says nothing to you, then you haven't been there. Otherwise you probably know what I mean.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 14:43:55 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 14:14:48 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 14:44:15 by GrayFace »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 14:44:18 »
Thanks for correcting me GrayFace. I've edited my post to make it less confusing. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 20:14:26 »
I had to read through this several times to understand why you were talking about rapidly moving through the map, only to realize my dyslexia had gotten to me.  I should have said "tell one from another" rather than "lett one from another."  My bad.

However, I do know about it, and I've figured it out.  Sort of.  To some extent.  Anyway, my forays aren't entirely useless on the point (I tend to overshoot, a lot).