Knytt Underground is out!

• 63 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Knytt Underground is out!
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2012, 13:27:56 »
This is impossible.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I suppose this is a matter of taste. It is not the only time this happens, and for that reason it made perfect sense to me when it happened. In fact, when I went through the second time I was kinda expecting something.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 22:38:12 »
so, this game is much bigger than saira? i might considering buying it.. i love knytt underground :). i think it's even better than the older knytt games! :)

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2012, 22:53:58 »
oh and, it would be much cooler if your would be able to play as nicklas character XD..

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2012, 22:57:48 »
Yes, this game is bigger than Saira. Easily. Knytt Underground is currently Nifflas' biggest game.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2012, 23:16:47 »
Yes, this game is bigger than Saira. Easily. Knytt Underground is currently Nifflas' biggest game.

how much bigger?

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 01:18:41 »
The in-game map has 48x30 rooms.  Nifflas has assured us that every one of them is full - there are no "empty blocks."

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 03:59:00 »
and unmapped/secret areas extend way below that too. Though the no-gap guarantee doesn't apply there. ;)

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 14:38:38 »
and unmapped/secret areas extend way below that too. Though the no-gap guarantee doesn't apply there. ;)

Actually it does. The map that you cannot view is about 1/5th of the map you can view. This includes the main menu and disorder too, but it has some secret areas too.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2012, 23:55:45 »
There are holes in the non-visible map though. I didn't have time to fill all the holes.

Offline mato

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2012, 01:05:29 »
Finished the game and enjoyed it very much. The game world is great, It's like a window of light and sound hovering in vacuum. The Mi/Ball combos are very fun to perform. Music is some of the best and most atmospheric in video games. Story and dialogue were very good too and made me chuckle or think about things quite a few time.

I hope the Steam voting does well. Someone should make an official KU topic in neogaf and get people to vote.

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2012, 06:21:15 »
I did finally finish it,
, and overall managed to get a good experience.  There's still some things left.  I do want to
Spoiler: find stuff (click to show/hide)
, but overall I'm quite happy with it.  I'll likely pick it up from time to time just to see stuff.

If there are updates, I'd love to see them.

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2013, 20:53:42 »
Thanks for the Game !
I've got it yesterday for free as PSN Plus subscriber, and was sunk into HUGE chapter 3 map. Opened around 50% of it yet. And already adding the game to my "Golden list" of games, where such masterpieces like Braid, Limbo and Journey exist.

Today I've tried Mac demo and, oh boy, how much easier it is to control using cursor keys compared to PS3 gamepad ! Gamepad ultimately sucks in this game. So, there! Going to spend 13 EUR on Mac copy.

Thank You for the Game !

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2013, 21:05:00 »
Today I've tried Mac demo and, oh boy, how much easier it is to control using cursor keys compared to PS3 gamepad ! Gamepad ultimately sucks in this game. So, there! Going to spend 13 EUR on Mac copy.
The controls on the PS version are actually buggy. A patch should come out soon to fix this.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 00:14:32 »
I really want Knytt Underground to be a big success. I feel like Nifflas doesn't get nearly enough attention as he deserves through his amazing work, specially with his super low prices and free games/platforms like Knytt and Knytt Stories. Maybe we could all help change that with Knytt Underground.
I don't really know what's Nifflas's situation right now, but if we shared a bit of story about his games on places like Reddit, maybe we could help. Specially since there is going to be a DRM-free version, that helps a lot.
I guess I eventually managed to use Reddit to help Nifflas a bit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/16017q/good_guy_nifflas/
Made it to the frontpage :D

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 00:57:36 »
That was awesome! Thanks a lot for doing this!