Knytt Underground is out!

• 63 Replies
Re: Knytt Underground is out!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 22:47:59 »
Do you have any preference for how we purchase it?  Fast Spring or Gamers' Gate?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 00:14:24 »
Pick the one you like the most!

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 02:11:04 »
Got it as soon as I saw this topic! Just finished chapter 2. This game is just so ... beautiful and elegant. I don't know what I can say about it.
I totally melted in Chapter 3 :)

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 08:48:29 »
I just finished chapter 1 and the demo of chapter 2, everything about this game is so amazing! The visuals, paired with the relaxing ambient music is just breathtaking; Several times, I stopped and admire the background for a bit before moving on ><
Also, since I really loved WaDF, I'm glad you can also play as the ball, that's pretty awesome!

Planning to get the full game asap  X)

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 18:52:43 »
just bought the game. I think it is a minimum how can I say to Nifflas - thanks a lots for making games like this.
Have a nice Christmas all of ya.

Offline spiral

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 19:28:03 »
Impulse bought based on strength of previous work, no regrets. Absolutely amazing game.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 21:09:13 »
Thank you :)

Offline mato

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 21:29:47 »
Congrats on the release, this looks (and sounds) really good, great job Nifflas. I send a photo a while back, any chance I could get a free copy? I'm not making any demands because it's just a photo.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 21:40:40 »
Oh, was it physical post? I have been in Denmark for months, I won't see it before I return to Umeå in February.

Offline mato

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 22:39:57 »
No I uploaded it, my name was last on that list you posted. I tried the demo now, it plays even better than it sounds and looks :). Your best game yet for sure.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 23:29:00 »
Oooh, right! You mean you submitted graphics for the game? Of course you'll get a copy in that case. I didn't catch on, sorry X)

Offline Haploid

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 00:28:07 »
Just registering on the forum to say: I love this game so far. It's such a nice blend of its predecessors; a lot of familiar environments and mechanics. Especially love the nods to the underwater lab, and underwater adventure. I've explored maybe 20% of the third area so far, and I'm sorta hoping for more operator status elements. Maybe some switches to toggle the gravity sideways, hehe. :)

Also: very pleasantly surprised to find that there is a working linux version. Not sure what the "beta" status indicates, but it works fine so far for me. You should mention it on the front page http://nifflas.ni2.se/?page=Knytt+Underground, even if it is just a beta version. Make nerds like me happy.

Kudos!

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 12:28:33 »
Got it as soon as I saw this topic! Just finished chapter 2. This game is just so ... beautiful and elegant. I don't know what I can say about it.
I totally melted in Chapter 3 :)

I know what you mean! My god everything about this game is ... perfection. Great job Nifflas (and others)! Haven't gotten much further yet because I've been busy with things but I've got about 40% of chapter 3 explored and it just never ceases to be amazing in every way! I don't think there's ever been a game I'd rate 10/10* but this one definitely goes way beyond expectation! :D

edit: *I mean I'd rate this one 10/10!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 02:52:40 by Purple Ink »

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 21:37:43 »
I just wanted to say, I'm really loving this game and how challenging some of the puzzles are.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Happy Holidays to you Nifflas, you wonderfully crafty guy, and to all a Happy New Year.

Sliphatos.

P.S.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 03:45:51 by Sliphatos »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 02:38:50 »
Also: very pleasantly surprised to find that there is a working linux version. Not sure what the "beta" status indicates, but it works fine so far for me. You should mention it on the front page http://nifflas.ni2.se/?page=Knytt+Underground, even if it is just a beta version. Make nerds like me happy.
It's too untested right now. I need to learn about more which distros it runs on and what requirements I need to put. The reason I don't want to market it officially now is that if it turns out the game doesn't work on a bunch of distros, I'd like to be able to say so to. If people purchase the game for the Linux version then it turns out that particular linux distro will never be supported it'd be a bit awkward.

I'll go public with it as soon as I know what the system requirements are. Please make a post in the Linux thread telling us what you know the game runs on, it's super helpful!