Drum und Face

• 2 Replies

Offline Mr Fish

• |#R. FIsH > ?"
    • View Profile
Drum und Face
« on: December 05, 2012, 22:27:26 »
Here is my first real attempt at making drum and bass, i've used flstudio, alot of massive some toxic biohazard for the synths, and a load of plugins, mainly equalizers though i have used the occasional distortion plugin (mainly sausage fattener).
Criticisms would be very helpful and i would love name suggestions for at the moment it is just an incredibly vague description for identification purposes.
Hope you enjoy ;D

https://soundcloud.com/ikazudaswhale/dnbwivdemdancestabs

(As far as my other tracks go, loltrance is just another attempt to create a particular genre, in this case hardstyle trance; the rest of them are crap though so i wouldn't bother listening to them xD)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Drum und Face
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 22:54:33 »
This isn't exactly drum'n'base. It has some of its facettes, but too many things aren't right. It also has some jungle in it. In fact, its more jungle than d'n'b. True d'n'b doesn't have an intro like this, it starts with the drums so DJ's can mix the song in. The focus is more on the drums and the base, but mixing could be the fault here too.

Your melody is pretty complex for d'n'b too which takes away focus from its genre.

The song itself isn't bad perse, but as I'n a d'n'b lover, it makes me wanna stop listening. I kinda expected some d'n'b and got disappointed.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
Re: Drum und Face
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 00:11:40 »
Not all Drum and Bass starts off with a bunch of drums going, but yea, this is more Jungle than anything. The rhythms in Drum and Bass are more complex than this. Jungle can be complex, but usually just like your tune. Great tune none the less. Keep up the good work!
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud