[Environmental/Puzzle] Riku Island

• 53 Replies
Re: [Environmental/Puzzle] Riku Island
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 15:59:20 »
It's also available on knyttlevels.com, more specifically here.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2013, 22:49:21 »
It's also available on knyttlevels.com, more specifically here.
I think that's an older version though? At least, one of the posts earlier in the thread mentioned it being so.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2013, 14:50:02 »
Yes, it is.
Before Hmpf came with the version uploaded on yousendit, I knew only the one from level archive. And I must say, that although labyrinth is little confusing, the upside down city is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in KS.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2013, 18:20:29 »
I had never played an environmental level before, but I'm glad this thread got bumped because this was a gorgeous little level. I liked the seasons/rebirth theme a lot.

Offline Kohdi

• The deep city breathes again...
    • View Profile
    • Face of Stone
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 08:47:23 »
Something told me to pop in again after all this time, and I'm very glad to see there's still an interest in my levels. I noticed there was an issue with MegaUpload being taken down, and I have no experience with the archives, so for anyone still having trouble here's the last release of Riku Island and Return to Riku Island Alpha on MediaFire (fingers crossed) -

Riku Island - 27 MB

Return to Riku Island (Alpha) - 4 MB

Please realize I haven't updated my Knytt software in years, so I'm not sure if these are even compatible with the most recent build, and unfortunately I can't provide support along those lines. If anyone else can (if necessary) or if there's a better way/place to upload these, you have my permission as long as credit is given.

Again, thanks for the continued support, it still amazes me to see how many people have enjoyed this level.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2013, 15:48:50 »
Return to Riku Island is still one of my favourite environmentals, even though it's so far from completion :(. Still, they're absolutely brilliant levels.

Actually, can I ask... The night-time forest tilesets in 'Return' specifically say they can't be re-used, whereas the daytime versions of the tilesets don't. Is it ok for others to use your daytime tilesets in their own levels? Do you still stand that people can't use the night time versions? And what about the awesome gradients? Can they be reused or not?

Offline Kohdi

• View Profile
    • Face of Stone
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2013, 18:57:07 »
I think I posted these a year or two back, and now I can't remember why I withheld the nighttime versions, so I've attached the full collection of tilesets again. I'd rather the unfinished tilesets not be used, both for posterity's sake and because they'd be of limited utility anyway. As for the gradients, I can't redistribute those as my work alone, the forest scenes were from photographs taken by others and I'm not sure how the permissions stand anymore. Hopefully these will be of use to more recent level makers, it's a much better fate than sitting forgotten on my hard drive forever.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2013, 20:39:42 »
That's great. I was always in temptation to use your tilesets, so I'm glad I finally can. :a1:
Are you planning to return to making levels ?

Offline Kohdi

• View Profile
    • Face of Stone
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2013, 09:05:15 »
I'm afraid not.  ;) Though I still love this game, I have moved my modding focus more towards Skyrim, and if so inclined you can find my work on skyrim.nexusmods.com under my same name. I may still drop by once in a while, if only just to check up on things.