Spingyro

• 4 Replies
Spingyro
« on: November 23, 2012, 14:11:31 »
Hi,

A little sales pitch for my first real  game title.

"Finally I have a little video preview of my 'work in progress' iPad game, called SpinGyro. You are in control of a spinning top and you have to navigate it through a maze of blocks to reach the goal, before your time is running out. Pick up time and life gems, and avoid nasty enemies on your way.
As for an extra challenge for you, can you find the three hidden bonus gems on every level?"

The music is with curtsey lent by Niffla, until i can provide my own music. I would really really want this piece of music in my game and i would love to pay for it, all tho i don't have much to do with. Please write back to me. I've tried to contact Nifflas by mail, but i guess he is say busy man.

Heres a Youtube video of the game - please leave a comment. :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yevR116hnJA

http://spingyro.blogspot.dk/

[mod]put large image in spoiler tags.[/mod]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 16:26:52 by SiamJai »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Spingyro
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 18:17:54 »
Sorry, I often miss out mails 'n stuff. Also really sorry, like, I'd love to contribute with music 'n stuff and maybe you should have a look in the niffpage for non-game music I've composed. However, I really want the music in my games to stay unique so it doesn't feel like it's something from a sound library.

The game itself looks nice. Good luck with it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 18:19:47 by Nifflas »

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 19:02:56 »
Hi Nifflas,

Thanks for the quick reply Nifflas. :-)
I know, it was just a foolish hope that i could get to use you fine music. I just thought it was such a perfect piece music to the game. :-)
Do you know any composer that could catch the same musical feel what I could get in contact with? Or even better! Do you have the time to compose
 a piece for my game? For payment of course.  I would be so honored if you could assist me.

I will have your music removed and replaced in the next movie update.

Cheers.
Mikkel Christensen

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 19:33:44 »
Still, you can use some of my non-game music at greywool. Maybe there's something there you like?

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 19:59:17 »
Your game looks neat Microbex!  Nice graphics.  Does the gyroscope fall over if you bump into walls enough?  Might be neat if you have to keep spinning it up at checkpoints or it winds down after a while.

I am a freelance programmer but have been looking to get into freelance music as well since it's something I enjoy.  I could potentially make some music for you and charge much less than I do for programming, as I have less experience with it.

I think my style is a little "punchier" than the song you used, but I can do any style you like provided it's within my capabilities.

My soundcloud (some songs there are unpolished, "Star Mites" is Nifflas-inspired though)

You can email admin {{at}} ultimatewalrus {{dot}} com if you have any questions about that.
Play my games at ultimatewalrus.com