Smashy's Ancient Tilesets... from the before-times!

• 2 Replies

Offline Smashy

• howdy partner
    • View Profile
Smashy's Ancient Tilesets... from the before-times!
« on: June 02, 2021, 19:24:46 »
Hi all, thought I would drop by and re-post my old tilesets so that they're available for community use. I'm both surprised and unsurprised that this community is still around - I discovered KS at a formative time during college, and I have a lot of really good memories of it still. I'm sure lots of yall do too. I also recall having a very small section in the Community Level as well, but if I had any of my own levels released, they probably vanished with the old forums - that laptop beefed it a long time ago.

Uploaded here are the four public tilesets that I released way back in 2009-2010; and I wasn't quite happy with the Painted Desert's visual readability for the foreground and near background tiles so I upped the contrast slightly.

If you enjoy these tilesets, and you're still around making levels, I hope they bring you some utility and joy in your levelmaking. ^^
Discord: sealedbeastnue#8166

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Smashy's Ancient Tilesets... from the before-times!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 02:49:44 »
You may be interested to know a big community level was inspired by your Tundra tileset.
Endless Winter

The All Purpose tileset has seen a lot of use over the years too, but I can't remember the specific levels. Really nice ground patterns in that one.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
Re: Smashy's Ancient Tilesets... from the before-times!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 21:27:07 »
Part of Shawnachu's Natural is built from all purpose tileset and it was also used in Mysterious grotto by Pumpkinbot along with the purple tileset.