[Environmental] Juni goes to Hogwarts [Part one]

• 2 Replies
[Environmental] Juni goes to Hogwarts [Part one]
« on: January 22, 2013, 22:37:52 »
Hello.
I've recently gotten into level creation and editing, altough I've been playing for longer.
As the post title says, I am currently working on an environmental level in wich Juni visits Hogwarts. There will be SEVEN parts, each of them taking Juni to a new YEAR at Hogwarts, with new areas added in each part (for example, first part would be just the castle and areas shown in the movie/presented in the book, second would have the Chamber, third Azkaban and so on. Areas from previous parts will REMAIN in the level). Other areas featured will be:
- Diagon Alley
- Hogsmeade
- Hagrid's hut etc.
In each year, you will also have to collect wizard money a.k.a galleons, to buy what you'll need in each year. The ONLY first-year item will be a wand.
I won't spoil more. Screenshots soon to come. :)

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: [Environmental] Juni goes to Hogwarts [Part one]
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:30:19 »
My only advice for this concept.  Be careful that you make sure this level stays well inside the legal bounds of 'Parody', because I've seen people sue over dumber issues.

Apart from that, I wish you luck, because a Knytt Stories level can take a VERY long time to complete.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Re: [Environmental] Juni goes to Hogwarts [Part one]
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:16:07 »
My only advice for this concept.  Be careful that you make sure this level stays well inside the legal bounds of 'Parody', because I've seen people sue over dumber issues.

Apart from that, I wish you luck, because a Knytt Stories level can take a VERY long time to complete.
Well, it would be easy to contact Warner Brothers or J.K. Rowling for usage of music that's in the movies/charachters in the books. If they'd decline, I'd be fine with it though.
Also, I am aware this will take some time to make, as the concept is a HP-themed level. With all this said, thanks for your advice.

EDIT: After my computer frequently crashing due to viruses and my hard drive collapsing, my computer has been in repairs for 5 months and has FINALLY been repaired. I'll continue work on this level now, altough all of the progress and tilesets used in it have been deleted from my computer in the process of repair. This should be out by the end of the year.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 16:34:00 by LuminousColours »