KnyttAdventures' tilesets

• 4 Replies

Offline KnyttAdventures

• There needs to be cats.
    • View Profile
KnyttAdventures' tilesets
« on: November 04, 2012, 18:37:57 »
Hey guys! This is is where I will put all of my tilesets. Most of them will be free for use, and if they are not, I will say so, so the rest of them you can just assume they're free for use.

Tileset 0: Oarange Hills
This is my first tileset ever. And I think it came out pretty good for the style it's in. The reason the green tiles only have grass and land is because those are exclusiveley for islands. I really liked the gimmick of 'simple' trees and I think this serves pretty well for an 'ancient ruins' knid of thing. I wish there could've been less blank spaces but I couldn't think of anything else.

Any comments and critiscism is appreciated. Thanks!  C)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 22:27:10 by KnyttAdventures »
I'm a fan of Nifflas' work. But then again I'm a fan of lots of things so yeah.

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
Re: KnyttAdventures' tilesets
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 21:11:13 »
This tileset looks very good  ;). Horewer it can be better, I think  :). I must tell you, that I love to test new tilesets so:

Offline KnyttAdventures

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 21:45:35 »
Wow, that's really cool!  :D And thanks, I hope my next one will be even better!

It certainley was not what I was thinking about when I desinged that tileset, but Knytt Stories is designed to make anything with anything and that is a really cool use of it.

(whoops, I just realized I called it "Oarange Grass" but it's actually "Oarange Hills"! :O)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 21:47:24 by KnyttAdventures »

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 13:56:08 »
It certainley was not what I was thinking about when I desinged that tileset, but Knytt Stories is designed to make anything with anything and that is a really cool use of it.
You should add "Tileset use" to your tiles ;). Like there: http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=1407.0.

Offline KnyttAdventures

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 19:20:39 »
New tileset!

Tileset 1: Dream Fields
This is more like three seperate tilesets made for one area.
Part 1: (pink) Bubblegum Ruins
Part 2: (white) Rocky Mountain Reconstructed (This is precurser to a futures tileset I'm going to make.)
Part 3: (green) Sunny Overgrowth
They're all made to be sort of outlandish, fictonal or unreal. Hence the name "Dream Fields".

Enjoy!  C)