Nano Knytt

• 9 Replies
Nano Knytt
« on: September 26, 2012, 11:53:46 »
Here's a level I've been tinkering with for a while. You're a Nano Knytt who invades your enemy's brain to wreak havoc. But since this is the future, the enemy brain is full of all sorts of traps and firewalls.

The game is mostly finished so I'm looking for testers/previewers. If you're interested, send me a private message.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: Nano Knytt
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 13:53:09 »
Can we have more information? How long is it? What difficulty level?

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 03:38:06 »
Sure, it's not very long - only 28 screens. I would describe it as a Hard Challenge level, though I'm not a great player.  A full play-through took me about 45 minutes.

Usually with my games, I like to try to invent a new style of game play, something that I feel is new to the Knytt world. For example, with Key's Curse, I built the entire world out of keys and locks. In this case, I created a type of trap which I think is simple but unique. I would really like a few players to make sure that the traps actually work properly. (I don't want to give away more than that as it will detract from the testing/playing.)

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 13:58:04 »
45 minutes for 28 screens?! It takes me 40 minutes to play through 'I Dreamed of the Sky'!

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 02:31:37 »
That's because you're a Knytt-playing BEAST. Really, I think each screen has a few challenges to overcome so it takes a bit more time.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 10:46:54 »
45 minutes for 28 screens?! It takes me 40 minutes to play through 'I Dreamed of the Sky'!

And it took me 2,5 hours on my first run was it not?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 15:48:38 »
Yes, but you didn't make the level. It's easier to play level's you've made. Plus, it was harder then.

Dave, I'll volunteer to test but I can't promise I'll get it done, so you don't have to accept me.

Internet is always slow at this time of year. :(

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 19:11:47 »
Thanks. The first tester said it took him "about 38 minutes" so it should be a quick play-thru. I'll probably post the final in about a week so if anyone else wants to test, you have lots of time.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 19:24:10 »
I should be able to spare an hour in the next week if you need another tester!

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 04:31:10 »
Ok - thanks to all the testers for their feedback. I'm going to redesign this level over the next few weeks before I retest/release it.