Offline Joozey

• It's a clockwork universe.
    • View Profile
[Survival] Notrium
« on: April 07, 2009, 22:35:26 »
Type:
Future survival action adventure puzzle strategy

Description:
While flying through space, your spaceship is suddenly attacked by loads of missiles out of nowhere. You are able to crash relatively safe on an unknown planet. But you notice danger isn't over yet as strange dark grunting noises appear all around you. Armed with your stunning gun you cluelessly start to wander around. Thinking quickly, you gather some debris scattered from your spaceship and are able to build a small fort. This should protect you from whatever is out there...

But as food is spare, for how long will you manage to survive the horrors hiding on this planet?

Featuring multiple possible endings, loads of item combining possibilities, large maps to pull your venture through and a dark, evil, story hidden deep under strange shadows, waiting to be revealed...

Spoiler: Screenshots: (click to show/hide)

Download:
http://www.monkkonen.net/download.php?Notrium_monkkonen_net

Spoiler: additional spam (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 22:37:25 by Joozey »
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
Re: [Survival] Notrium
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:42:05 »
This game seems like a really good idea to me, but I could never survive longer than 3 minutes outside the little hut at the beginning.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Joozey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:20:35 »
Spoiler: survival tips (click to show/hide)
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 02:31:01 »
This game seems like a really good idea to me, but I could never survive longer than 3 minutes outside the little hut at the beginning.

I PUNCHED EVERY ALIEN IN THA FACE!.... then got eaten by a big one  XD nice game i guess i should follow your survival tips Joozey  :) i like it

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 07:27:42 »
I PUNCHED EVERY ALIEN IN THA FACE!
Dane Cook reference? X) Downloading now, get back to you.

EDIT: Cool! :o And punching every bee alien in the face is fun! But it's not fun when you get heat stroke. That happened the first time I played. Fire is hot. Very hot.

EDIT2: Oh, useful tip: those green beetle things hate the fire extinguisher. Once you use it, they'll run off. :) I might try it on other enemies.
Also, what do you like playing as: Human, Alien, Android, or Psionic? I prefer Psionic, 'cause of the tokens you get. X)

EDIT3: I also like the alien now. But I'm gonna starve if I don't find a specimin container for the food generator. :(

EDIT4: I beat it with the alien on easy! :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 01:55:31 by Pumpkinbot »
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Joozey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 09:20:14 »
Wow pumpkinbot, that's quite fast I guess  X-P It took me a long time to finish.

Be warned, major spoiler!
All the different endings I found for the human:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Bonusses:

Never really played that much with the psionic, robot or alien, perhaps I should give that a try some time.
Also, on the forum of monkkonen.net are some mods made by users. You can make your own mod as well, including creating new maps, new items, new story, practically everything can be modded.

Glad you all like this game!

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 22:21:54 »
Wow pumpkinbot, that's quite fast I guess  X-P It took me a long time to finish.

Be warned, major spoiler!
All the different endings I found for the human:

Bonusses:

Never really played that much with the psionic, robot or alien, perhaps I should give that a try some time.
Also, on the forum of monkkonen.net are some mods made by users. You can make your own mod as well, including creating new maps, new items, new story, practically everything can be modded.

Glad you all like this game!
X) I kinda broke the game trying to install a mod, though. x_o
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.